Childhood Fireworks

I've been trying to remember the names of fireworks from when I was a kid, before all these big, noisy things of recent years; I can only remember a few:

Roman Candle

Catherine Wheel

Snow Fountain?

Then there were rockets, bangers, sparklers of course.

Can anyone remember what else there was?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Childhood Fireworks

Jumping Jacks

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Childhood Fireworks

Golden Rain

Volcano

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Childhood Fireworks

We had one catherine wheel one snow fountain and a packet of sparklers. Not deprived just my brother and I were more fans of the toffee apples and hot dogs than we were of the fireworks.
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Childhood Fireworks

Smiley Very Happy  Yes, I remember the Jumping Jack - Elf n' Safety would have a field day on that one!  What about the Bomber - had a pair of wings which you put on to a ramp, lit the fuse and off it would go, every bit as fast as a rocket, but in no particular direction.  You could actually adjust the "wings" so it would even loop the loop if you were lucky.  Bangers were 1d, 3d, and 6d and for a super bang, you'd actually put a rubber band round about four of  them and light all the touch fuses together.  

Some comedian let one off in the factory just as the boss was passing.  It made a loud pop.  hHe called the chargehand who had tickets to watch a live football match.

"Ken!"  He barked.  "One of the fuses has blown - find out which one."  Above his head were seventy-odd fuses, and despite his protests, this poor bloke was up on the ladder for nearly forty minutes.   One of the directors pulled him aside.

"Dave, you're wrong - it was a firework."

"Do you think I'm stupid?  I know that, so does everybody else!  Ken's going to miss his match through somebody playing silly buggers.  He mad, and rightly so.  But that'll guarantee nobody fools around with fireworks in my factory ever again!"  He then walked off sporting a wry smile.   CleverSmiley LOL 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent