Captainbovine - Look what I found

Photobucket

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

How true this would have been in Constable's day. Tesco seem to get everywhere these days!!!!

Remember - it takes 17 muscles to smile and 44 muscles to frown - SO KEEP SMILING 🙂
Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

How true, good job for me as I work there but they do seem to be taking over the world.
Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

hysterically laughing smiley.gifyeah it's good isn't it? I have this saved somewhere, no idea where though.

that's probably one of our vans, stuck in the middle of nowhere in the mountains!!!

what dept do you work in Ed?

Photobucket

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

PI. for my sins hence the 3am starts
Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

I didn't notice that store last time I was in Dedham! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

They knock 'em up pretty quick now adays  smilie bouncing smiling.gif

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

If Tesco is taking over the world maybe they would like to start where daughter lives.  She rang her Dad who agreed to pick her up at Co-op and had to ask whaicch one.  There's the little one, the big one, the big convenience store, the little convenience store, the big cinvenience store, whoops I forgot a 2nd big convenience store.  Nearest Texco is about 3 miles further on and 3 of the larger stores are within 5 minutes walk of each other!.  There is a little Londis somewhere i have heard!!!.  Mr T?  You listening?

Confirmed Asda shopper 'cos it is cheaper!.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Maybe, but not for me staff discount, so they've got me all ways.

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Have you checked.  One of my mates totalled the same shopping at both and Asda was cheaper after she had taken the staff discount off but dearer when petrol was taken into consideration!.

My son did a trial weekly shop(cheapest possible options) at Sainsbury, Tesco and Asda.  At Asda the total was below the minimum order charge for delivery.  At the other 2 it was well over!.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

I usually buy special offers, and our nearest Asda is 12 miles away, Asda made a big thing about milk 4 pints being one pound so is tesco. Tesco price match now as well. basically I can't be bothered, I do an order Friday night for Saturday morning. Job done.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Ah well I have Sainsburys(2), Iceland and Tesco in walking distance, Co-op down the road, 3 Asdas in about a 5 mile radius, 2 Lidls and the odd Morrisons, Tescos, Sainsurys, Aldi  and waitrose around as well.  That is not even going the "convenience sized ones that never have what you wanted and what you didn't want is twice the price.

AND whichever one i go to will have run out of the product which was the reason I went there!!!

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

We've got little Tescos and Sainsburys popping up all over town as they'r going into closed down pubs. Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

the store I work in is our nearest, 15min drive away. I shop at Aldi, Home Bargains and odd bits at Tesco, even with my discount card it's cheaper in Aldi, I'm not a big brand name person, will try anything once!

Mind you Ed, I don't know about you but this finishing work and having your discount card on you is a killer, you end up buying bits and pieces and spend £10 every shift if you're not careful!!!!

Photobucket

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

I will go with that CB Iv'e just got back and I spent a tenner, sadly we dont have an Aldi within 50 miles, I do shop in Lidl all the time

and local veg shop, the rest of it I get delivered picked by you lovely ladies and gents. Just want to get out when I finish. Blow the shopping

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

hahahahaaa Ed, I did the same!!! I wasn't spending a penny in there today, and I walked right outbouncy laffin smiley.gif

some days you just can't be bothered can you? do you do all the label changing? gawd, you must be bog eyed by the end of your shift!confused smiley.gif

Photobucket

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Yup I certainly am, I have had to have new glasses, like milk bottle bottoms they are, and sore feet from where they send them all out of order. Best day is grocery change we love it.  Never mind its a job a lot of people are not so lucky.  I have been there 18 years and I was only staying till my son started big school he is now 21. He works for them but is doing better than me and working his way up, If he hadn't been such a lazy blighter he might have been doing something else with a degree by now, like sitting on his rear end all day.

5 years or so ago I worked as a picker but I have a back problem and eventually it gave out and I had to have 3months off. Trouble is I am short and the trollies don't do any one any favours. I have the utmost admiration for pickers its a thankless job and a killer with some of the orders you have to pick. Customers get stroppy with you and staff moan at you. Power to you.

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

I thankyouembarrassed-smiley.gif

I have been there for 14yrs. I did checkouts for 5 1/2 yrs I used to train new starters to use the tills, I liked that but actually serving customers got very stressful as they are so horrible to you at times....so I went onto .com and have been there eversince.

I got sciatica and the best thing for it is to walk it off, arthritis too, but hey ho I guess I'm better moving about eh?

I bet you could scream some days when they alter prices by 2 or 3p and you have to put all new labels on the shelves....all power to you too mate!!!

Photobucket

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Hey customers moan about us, but they don't realise we are people as well not slaves to do as they will, they whistle at you click their fingers oh and forget their manners no please or thank you, so people it works both ways.

Never mind I am on holiday this week so I can be a moany customer, where shall I go Sainsburys or Asda.hysterically laughing smiley.gif

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent