Boring tea time food thread that goes on and on and on and on and on.....

Speaking as a boring woman whose only pleasure in life is talking about food.

We are having homemade burgers with coleslaw, tomato, cheese slice, sliced gherkin tomato relish and splash of burger mustard.
Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

lol! I will be having Chicken Keiv with new potatoes & sweetcorn followed by gooseberries & ice cream. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

pork chop, mashed tatties, green beans, carrots, pease, gravy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

We had liver, kidney, new potatoes, garden peas, carrots, cauliflower, Yorkshire puds and gravy.

Now let's all get off our hubby's computers before he gets home from work, and tells us orf for not being in our rightful place, the kitchen!

Did you remember to put on that clean dress and comb your hair?  We wouldn't want him to wish he'd stayed in the office with his secretary, would we? 

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

We had diced chicken in sauce, new potatoes and mushy peas.

You are definitely not boring ed.

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

I'm a good wee housewife, & knows me place...we had stovies & a selection of fresh veg...just the way my hubbie likes it m1239.gif

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

wot the 'eck is stovies? we are from the souf unnno.........;)

We had 2 steak meals and a bottle of red for £16.99.....eating out gets boring too!

Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

All dressed prim and proper, hair and make-up done as I lovingly prepared ............... pizza and chips

sadly hubby stayed with the secretary at the office so I shared "my lot" with the hunky half clad mechanic ............. phwoarrrrrrrrrrr

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

gammon I did in the slow cooker last night, kale and carrots, leeks and mashed tatties. Rather jolly good and I forgot to comb my hair

Photobucket

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Cheese on toast

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some days I pray for silence
Some days I pray for soul
Some days I just pray to the god of sex and drums and rock 'n' roll
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

@stan3502 wrote:

All dressed prim and proper, hair and make-up done as I lovingly prepared ............... pizza and chips

sadly hubby stayed with the secretary at the office so I shared "my lot" with the hunky half clad mechanic ............. phwoarrrrrrrrrrr

I salute your revenge - having it off with the mechanic!   But the mechanic probably went away, after his brief lust had been satiated.

You need to plan more carefully, if you want to keep a man on a long-term basis.

Bear in mind, woman, this essential fact:

Men are driven by their testicles and their stomachs. 

So if you, as a wife, can learn to satisfy both of these  - which means good cooking - you will have a better chance of keeping your hubby.

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Seems God was just about done creating the universe, but he had two extra things left in his bag of creations, so he decided to split them between Adam and Eve. He told the couple that one of the things he had to give away was the ability to stand up while urinating.

"It's a very handy thing", God told the couple, "I was wondering if either one of you wanted that very ability."

Adam jumped up and blurted, "Oh, give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems a sort of thing a man should do. Oh please, oh please, oh please, let me have that ability. It'd be so great! When I'm working in the garden or naming the animals, I could just stand there and let it fly. It'd be so cool, I could write my name in the sand. Oh please God, let it be me who you give that gift to, let me stand and pee, oh please..."

On and on he went like an excited little boy who had to pee. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted that so badly, that he should have it. It seemed to be the sort of thing that would make him happy and she really wouldn't mind if Adam were the one given this ability.

And so Adam was given the ability to urinate while in a vertical position. He was happy and did celebrate by wetting down the bark on the tree nearest him, laughing with delight all the while.

"Fine," God said looking back into his bag of leftovers. "What's left here? Oh yes, brains...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

@ilove2patch wrote:

Seems God was just about done creating the universe, but he had two extra things left in his bag of creations, so he decided to split them between Adam and Eve. He told the couple that one of the things he had to give away was the ability to stand up while urinating.

"It's a very handy thing", God told the couple, "I was wondering if either one of you wanted that very ability."

Adam jumped up and blurted, "Oh, give that to me! I'd love to be able to do that! It seems a sort of thing a man should do. Oh please, oh please, oh please, let me have that ability. It'd be so great! When I'm working in the garden or naming the animals, I could just stand there and let it fly. It'd be so cool, I could write my name in the sand. Oh please God, let it be me who you give that gift to, let me stand and pee, oh please..."

On and on he went like an excited little boy who had to pee. Eve just smiled and told God that if Adam really wanted that so badly, that he should have it. It seemed to be the sort of thing that would make him happy and she really wouldn't mind if Adam were the one given this ability.

And so Adam was given the ability to urinate while in a vertical position. He was happy and did celebrate by wetting down the bark on the tree nearest him, laughing with delight all the while.

"Fine," God said looking back into his bag of leftovers. "What's left here? Oh yes, brains...."

A good post, and it brings out this basic point:

Men can urinate proudly standing up, with some dignity.

Whereas women have to squat and leak.

What this means, I'm not sure.  Perhaps it shows that men are more advanced, towards Godhood?

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

God was a woman - till she changed her mind.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Geroff, you're whistling in the wind. God is a man.  I mean how could you have a woman god ruling the Universe.?

The idea seems absurd, because a Woman God wouldn't allow wars, surely?

Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Well with the mess the world is in right now I agree - God is a man.

(no offence intended to men)

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Personally I like the teatime thread. I don't often join in but I look in every day and it gives me great ideas when I don't know what to cook. I often think  "Oooh that sounds nice - I'll do that tomorrow".

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Or, we ladies can get one of these... rotfl!

http://go-girl.com/

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

How does that float your boat malacandarina!?

Man Very Happy

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

god is a man because if  god was a woman men would give birth then the world would die out as men could not stand the pain 

@malacandran wrote:

Geroff, you're whistling in the wind. God is a man.  I mean how could you have a woman god ruling the Universe.?

The idea seems absurd, because a Woman God wouldn't allow wars, surely?

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent