Bird Identification Please

IMG_1277a.JPG

Sorry this photo isnt very clear but I took it on full zoom; am I right in thinking it is an adult Goldfinch? I've not seen one before, but it was very colourful.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

I would say it is.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Tis too.  A tiny gem of a bird - well done you!

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

yus...aren't they the most lovely sight? the colours are lovely.

was it in your garden? now's the time to get the niger seed in then.

a funny thing I noticed about them though... the RSPB sell niger seed in a little yellow feeder and the birds wouldn't go on it. I put the seed in a green feeder and we get tons of them now. I come to the conclusion they don't like yellow!!!

Photobucket

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Unfortunately it wasnt in my garden, CB It was near the cliff tops, pecking at something in the grass, there were 2 of them but the other was a bit further away. .

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I get them in my garden sometimes. They are very pretty birds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

put out nijer seeds as cb says and you will have gold finches in your garden.they love it but it is messy as they drop loads and then they all germinate.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

you are sooo right there Cookie!! but we have a few dunnocks too who seem to clear up a lot of it, and the chaffinches like it too. I've never seen such a picky eater as a goldfinch

Photobucket

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Lovely Birds and very colourful too,,,awww.Woman Happy

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent