Beds Again

I know we have frequented threads about Beds on here but a spot of advice.

I have a Big Double Wood Bedstead with a filled in Wooden frame and wooden slats which a mattress goes on. I want to get a Mattress but want to get the right one before i front up my money. Are there any particular mattresses you should have or should not have on Wooden Slatted bedframes?.

Also i still have memory foam in mind but the ones i was browsing at online yesterday all seem not very deep?. Their only quite thin looking are they not?. Why?. I suppose their substantial without having to be thick?, what with no springs and that?.

My mattresses springs are all bulging and making it bumpy and their lumpy and bumpy and not comfy at all. When i sit up in bed its quite uncomfortable sitting on a bulging spring. Its had its day???. I think im going to notice a difference with a new one a LOT!!!.Woman Happy

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Beds Again

@ed_blackadder_1 wrote:

regarding not putting mdf on the slats because the mattress can't breath what happens on a divan, there are no holes in that, not being funny, just asking.

Divans are cloth covered, so air can get through the weave - it gets pushed out and sucked in every time you get in and out of bed. Also, I think the better ones do have airholes in the sides - they look like eyelets for shoelaces.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

Aaa haaa yes we have the little holes thats ok now I know I am not going to get a mouldy mattress.
Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

@stroppy*cow wrote:

Cookie - I am terribly sorry if I have upset you, I know that you were trying to help.

you never upset me stroppy .i just thought it was a clever idea....back to the drawing board....k3011.png

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

rose, I have an antique French iron bed with a slated base which I had made for it. I bought a mattress from Relyon who at that time made it to fit the bed as not a UK size equivalent was available. So, they do make them to fit whatever size bed you have, and suitable for slats. Mine's about 15 years old now and still going strong! Might be worth a look.

http://www.relyon.co.uk/Bedstead-mattresses/bedstead-mattresses-choice-page.html

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

Yes i was going to say Divans have that sort of weave in the top of the base thats airy. I have a Divan bed in my spare room but its amazing the mattress is VERY firm and when i have slept on it my neck and shoulders are really in a state in the morning. Its too hard for me you see. Thats the guest room ,,not that i have guests ha ha LOL.

Yes lhasa thats another thing to bear in mind thank you hunny.Woman Happy

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

No probs rose, hope you find the right one for you.

When I bought mine I went to a local reputable shop who sold furniture and beds and asked for their advice. They were very helpful and recommended the Relyon so I think it's good to go and have a chat with someone in a shop as well as getting good recommendations from here. It's one of the best investments you'll make. My mattress is medium firm and suits me as it does have a bit of give in it. Like you I find the very firm ones give me backache and neck ache!

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent