Bath time.

It was bath time this afternoon for a visit to the vet's tomorrow.  2nd jabs. microchip and general health check.

A girl needs to spruce up a bit!.

And if you don't like the hair dryer, you have to use towels!

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Bath time.

Just a final brush, then a bit of lippy and I'm ready to meet this thing called 'The Vet'.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

More likely to find the nearest , smelliest, most disgusting thing to roll in before lipstick! lol. But at the moment she looks every inch a little lady!

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Blimey CG, hasn't Molly grown?  She's such a cutie.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

it's those eyes isn't it? the vet will be besotted when he sees her, she's so cute

Photobucket

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

She's lovely. Keep putting piccies on for us to enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We have been for a long walk in the wind and rain today, and our Poppy had to be hosed down when she came back as she was stinking, disapeared into the hedge and almost down a hole, went in every puddle and muddy hole there was. Archie, doesnt do rain or mud, so you just have to wipe his feet and he is ready to go.

Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Awwwww Molly a Bathing Belle!!!. All spruced up and ready to go. Bless her. Shes a Beauty.Woman Happy

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

We went to the vets and she was enjoying herself with all the nurses and receptionists oooh-ing and aaaah-ing over her.  Then we went into the surgery.  The vet was a girl of 12  (looked like it to me!) and she checked her ears, her mouth, her eyes and had a feel of her tummy.  She didn't like the auroscope at all.  I thought she had a slight problem with her ears as she shakes her head now and again,  then the vet put a couple of dog biscuits on the table and while Molly ate them she stuck the needle in her back.  She didn't seem to notice until the biscuits were gone then she started to cry, and cry louder, and really yell!!

We came out of there and all the people in the waiting room had heard her and 'Aaaawed' when they saw her.  She had her face hidden under my arm by then!

Then she had to go in another room for a nurse to give her her microchip.  She didn't cry as much for that one.

So we came home with some ear drops, some flea treatment and a worm pill!

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Aah bless her I'm afraid sometimes the vac inj does sting , but it's over now & she's safely covered & the pic of her with her adopted sister shows she's forgotten all about it.

**********Sam**********
Message 10 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Aww thats a lovely pic of them together , has Lottie accepted her ok :;

Bath time.

She is looking a right little star, just wait untill you have to give her the kennel cough one, squirt up the nose, one of mine hates it.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

I wasn't going to mention that! lol. I wonder how many vets have been bitten giving that?

**********Sam**********
Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

he he he,

Vet had to chase Poppy around the table to give her hers, for some reason she doesn't like anything that makes a squirty noise, even putting the flea stuff on we have to try to do it with out it making the noise, for such a hooligan she really is a girls blouse, don't even get me started on teath cleaning.  Archie on the other hand just stands there as good as gold, bless him.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Kennel cough???

Kennel cough wasn't mentioned and never in 45 years having dogs has any ever had kennel cough 'prevention' or the illness.

Mind you, none of them have ever been in kennels.

None of them have left our premises for 25 years.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

It depends in what area you live in , we always got away with it when I lived at the farm unless the Hunt Kennels had an outbreak, it's very infectious & can travel not only on your clothes but also in the air, it's quite nasty especially for young & old dogs. Your dog doesn't have to be in kennels to catch it.

**********Sam**********
Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Unless it's in with other jabs and stuff no vet has ever offered it to any of our dogs.???  Woman Surprised

I wonder if different areas of the country are more prone to it than others.

I know this area is very high risk for tetanus (in humans, I don't know if animals get that) so I wonder if kennel cough goes in 'areas'.    

Off to Google!  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Prevention is by vaccinating for canine adenovirus,distemper, parainfluenza, and Bordetella

Now, on her record card it says she's had this stuff..........................

The EURICAN range of high titer dog vaccines is comprised by EURICAN DHPPi-L and EURICAN DHPPi-LR for active protection against distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus and parainfluenza, against two types of leptospirosis (Leptospira canicola and Leptospira icterohaemorraghiae) and rabies.

So I'm no wiser!  We have to weigh her and get another worming pill in a month so we'll ask then. 

Message 18 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Damson has the KC up the nose one as the kennels won't have her unless you can show she has had it. It has to be given three weeks before she goes too as it can be contagious for that length of time after the vaccination. She doesn't bat an eyelid when they do it. I don't think Molly would need it as she won't be kenneled or mixing with loads of other dogs. The vet will advise you though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

Bath time.

Yes CG it does, you tend to get outbreaks in different areas at different times of the year, & yes tetanus is a killer amongst animals unless caught in time. It can live in the soil for many years. If your Vet hasn't offered the kennel cough vaccine it could just mean you are not in a high risk area.
Further to that most boarding kennels will not take your dog if it isn't covered

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent