BT have COMPLETELY messed up my email system

No surprise there.  "Why am I seeing this message?  It asks.  So clever by combining BT with other email systems they tell you in three simple steps how to reset your password.  Step 2 Confirm your password - password not recognised, and so you keep going round in a merry circle with no helpline to phone: *BLEEP* USELESS!

Until then I was able to bypass it saying "remind me later"  I am not a man of great patience, and have now given up on them after half-an-hour.  The problem is, there is nobody to phone.  Luckily most of my emails are unsolicited junk mail, but it is still very annoying - Surelt I can't be the only one this has happened to.  Anybody else out there gone round in circles?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

we did for 3 1/2 wks when the lady up the road came to my OH to sort out why she didn't have a phone line working!!! nearly drove us insane, so you have my sympathy!!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

i would not use BT even if they payed me....

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Me neither, we have just moved everything from BT as they have been next to useless.  Still having trouble getting our money back.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

For what it's worth, I changed from a America on line because of the problems I was having with them, and now BT have "Improved the system"  As the old cliche goes:  If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Like I said, it's mainly junk mail I get anyway, but I also get a lot of lighter stuff from my cousin in Australia, so I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment.  BT need their jacksy's kicked.  I'm itching for one hell of a row tomorrow!

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

I only have broadband access about half the time, and e mail now and again, all since BT "improved" the service yet again. Have given up on the TV bit of the service as could only get a handful of channels. I really can't face ringing their helpdesk at the moment as I just can't understand most of the operators. If anyone can reccommend a decent provider i WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

we have used tiscali(now talk talk) for phone and internet for years and never never  had a problem

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

thanks Cookie, will look into it

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

I remember the early days of broadband when BT was just about the only provider. They installed it for me in 2000, it never worked so I asked them to remove it after endless efforts on their part to get it right. 

I moved to Virgin the same year and never had a problem, security is great too, worth the money as they aren't the cheapest.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Just a thought frederick, any provider will "block" you if you try to enter your password too many times and it fails to register. Might as well press the "forgotten password" and make a new one from the link they send you. I know it's a nuisance but hey ho that's life! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

FINALLY, after a lot of "Please hold while we try to connect you to one of our advisors..." I've sorted it out - myself.  B.T. are absolutely USELESS!  It's just the same list of options over and over again.  Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent