Why does my Ebay page crash every time I try to open my Watch List?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

What browser are you using?

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

On my iPad it happens in both Safari and Chrome
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

I think you may need to ask those with more techie knowledge.

Hang on a mo and I'll see if the mods will move this thread to the right board for you.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Thank you. I couldn't find the right place for techie questions.
Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

The board is a bit slower than others but hopefully someone here will have some suggestions.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

We really need a couple of bods who use i-thingies on the board.

And some folk who know their way around all these clever, modern, mobile gadgets. (If you think I'm "no longer young," you should see my computers.)

mel, don't feel you're being ignored. This board has a relatively small following (might, hopefully, increase with the mods' increasing tendency to refer questions here), and most of the "regulars" seem to use Linux or Windows machines.

Hopefully someone will come up with the answer.

In the meantime, you might try the old eBay ritual of clearing cookies and cache (or whatever i-things call it.) Remember to clear flash cookies if you have flash player - is that supported on I-pads? If it's anything like Linux or Windows, one corrupt flash cookie will mess things up in every browser used by a user account on a computer.

You might have to let eBay ring you with a PINumber (just a robot, and hardly onerous) next time you list after clearing flash cookies - I'm not sure whether they still use these to identify "trusted" computers.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Thanks for the tips.

Flash player is not supported on iPad.

I have cleared history, cookies and data, none of which has made any difference, so unfortunately, I am still in the same predicament and unable to open my watch list.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/12001

Photobucketgo to ebay .com on link

front page check you watch list

theirs works our are being adjusted

Petal
Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Tried to open my watch list in 'ebay.com' and it still crashes!!
Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

I use Safari browser on my Ipad 2 with latest IOS update and eBay crashes Safari every time I use it, it's driving me mad. Anyone out there that can help please ?
Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Safari & Ebay often don't play nice and I don't think Ebay software updates are really tested much (if any) with Safari.

Try Chrome or Firefox.

You might get more technical & specific advice on a board that deals mostly with your device.  I don't think any of our regular techie folk deal much with phone/tablet devices.

Newt

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

My iPad crashes every time I go on eBay,I found out that it was the home screen of eBay that was causing the problem. I found if you immediately that you go on the home screen launch the advanced search and the iPad will not crash I have put a shortcut to my advanced search screen in bookmarks. It works fine.
Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

What are you trying to say? 

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

I'm on Chrome and every now and again, more so when I'm doing a draft on the for sale page. eBay just shuts and crash's my screen. I have to wait a minute or so to then hit restore. Then I have to do the draft all over again, it only happens on eBay and no other site & it's so damn annoying.

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent