Photographic evidence of a delivery

Ebay really does need to step in and insist on having photographic evidence of a delivery. Over the last month I have had two parcels go missing after they were left outside of my front door, but ebay didn't honour their money back guarantee the the couier had sent an email saying the item was delivered and handed to the customer, untrue on both counts.

Had a "delivery" last night, which I only found this morning - after a delivery email from the courier - sat in a puddle outside my front door, luckily the item was wrapped in a plastic bag as the delivery bag fell apart when I picked it up.

As a buyer I have no influence over the way the couriers work and have no comeback when an item goes missing due to their actions, losing out financially, the only people who can infulence the way they work is the seller or Ebay (by insisting on the photographic evidence) My only resort is to contact the seller and explain what has happened - in both of my cases the seller didnt respond

It seem's that Ebays concerns are over, as soon as they have my money, after that they are uninterested.

Photographic evidence would prove that the parcel had indeed been handed over, protecting both the buyer and the courier. In the case that a parcel had been left with a neighbor, a photo would identify which neighbor.

Some couriers already carry out this practice, the rest should be made to comply

Ebay is very keen to have us post photos on our feedback pages, so why not extend that idea to the delivery side ?

Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0