No charges for selling clothing items for private sellers from April 8th 2024

With the news today that Ebay will no longer be charging listing fees or final value fees on clothing items listed by  private sellers,  I hear  alarm bells are ringing for Business Sellers like myself.  I have traded for many years and have been a business seller for 10+ years  as a result of hard work building up my business.  If Ebay are not receiving fees for the private section where will they look to replace those fees ? and my fear is that Business Sellers will carry the cost of the lost fees.

I am not surprised with Ebay's action as many of my friends who are private sellers have switched from Ebay to Vinted for the very reasons that Ebay have given, I have been tempted myself but prefer to trust Ebay.

If the Business Seller fees are used to recover the losses from the Private Seller Section I will have no other option but to move to another platform, after all Ebay has changed so much in the past five years  with regards to communication and availability of help that I am already unhappy with them.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Vinted are eating eBay for lunch on clothing - its an easier browsing experience and easier to sell on. Even with no fees many cant be bothered filling out the long listing process. 

Personally been saying it for a while that eBay is severely behind the curve when it comes to preloved clothing. They have now lurched at the last second with no notice to people once again, to try and compete (too late).

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

All of our used clothing comes down today. No more. 

I'll sell it on vinted myself. I'm not paying full fees to sell it while others get away with no fees to pay at all. 

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent