Listing coins as rare

I think ebay should be clamping down on people listing coins as rare or extremly rare when in fact they are not at all rare. If they list them that way then they should explain why (if at all) they are rare and what makes them rare .

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Listing coins as rare

No doubt you will be referring to some of the inane listings with a picture of a 50p which is rare, well its not its worth 50p!! (unless kew gardens 😉)

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Listing coins as rare

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
No not just 50 pence coins but all sorts including decimal coins from the early 70s millions minted so how can they be rare.I think ebay should make any one listing them rare should prove they are what makes them rare 
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Listing coins as rare

I see so many ad's with the word rare in the title and nearly all of them make me wonder how many people actually get taken in by it.The word very "rarely" (😉 ) applies so i don't waste my life looking at the actual listing ,i can see what it is from the indexed picture and move along swiftly.

Same as the word "look" 😲 .

It's like putting "no reserve" in the title ,about 20 years out of date ,especially on items under 50 quid.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent