Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 17.04.24 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of dave@ebay and marco@ebay. Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, Fulfilment, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Good Afternoon

I applied to sell CBD products via your online form for restricted products category, and the form tells me to expect a reply within 3 weeks. It has now been EIGHT weeks, and I have heard nothing. I have phoned your customer services 5 times, once each week after the 3 weeks, and none have been able to help.

I know the form has been sent as I am unable to fill it in again as it says your have already received it and are dealing with it.

All the customer service reps could see that I had applied around the 20th February, but cannot see any of the automated replies that I should have received.

There is nowhere to click to find out how the application is doing, so I am at a complete loss as to how my application is progressing .

I now think 8 weeks is getting beyond a joke. I have been a seller with you for 21 years, and do not know what else you expect from me to prove who I am, what I sell etc. If I am still on ebay after 21 years, I cannot be that bad a seller ??? so why am I being messed around over this issue. ??

Many Thanks

Message 2 of 46
See Most Recent

@candy90_1 wrote:

Good Afternoon

I applied to sell CBD products via your online form for restricted products category, and the form tells me to expect a reply within 3 weeks. It has now been EIGHT weeks, and I have heard nothing. I have phoned your customer services 5 times, once each week after the 3 weeks, and none have been able to help.

I know the form has been sent as I am unable to fill it in again as it says your have already received it and are dealing with it.

All the customer service reps could see that I had applied around the 20th February, but cannot see any of the automated replies that I should have received.

There is nowhere to click to find out how the application is doing, so I am at a complete loss as to how my application is progressing .

I now think 8 weeks is getting beyond a joke. I have been a seller with you for 21 years, and do not know what else you expect from me to prove who I am, what I sell etc. If I am still on ebay after 21 years, I cannot be that bad a seller ??? so why am I being messed around over this issue. ??

Many Thanks

Hi candy90_1, thanks for your message.

I will reach out to the team that goes through these applications to see if we can get an update for you on this. As soon as I hear back from them, I will post back here to let you know. 

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 46
See Most Recent

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/eBay-Search/m-p/7579236

On last weeks chat I asked about this and again 4 weeks ago and no reply has come. There are still repeated issues with the Ebay search engine that are being openly discussed in this thread, the issues still persist and have not been rectified.

I am finding it increasingly difficult to find what I am looking for and being presented with totally irrelevant items in search results.

Is there an issue with search, if so when is it likely to be rectified? If there isn’t an issue with search, are these problems intentional, if so it would be brilliant for sellers to find out why so we can adjust for these changes with our items that we sell.

Message 4 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi team, I would very much appreciate some help with an application for approval to sell items in a restricted category. I have applied a few times since last year but without any reply unfortunately.
I would like to sell a range of hand made stainless steel rings in the sex toys category which I have been very successfully selling on Etsy for a couple of years now with a surprisingly large turnover. I appreciate that you probably receive numerous similar requests but I am hoping to have answered one way or another if it is worthwhile pursuing my application, or if eBay are no longer accepting new sellers in this category.
May I just add that I have two eBay accounts, this one since 2008 with 2700 feedback and another account since 2004 with 19000 feedback, all positive.
Thank you.

Message 5 of 46
See Most Recent

Good afternoon team.

When a buyer receives a QR code for the collection of an item from a seller's home,  do both seller and buyer have to be app users to complete that registration for the QR code, or can seller or buyer or both,  only have a PC / laptop,  a desktop browser,  and still be able to enter / offer that code ?

Message 6 of 46
See Most Recent

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Bugs-Bugs-Bugs/td-p/7588651/jump-to/first-unre...

I started a thread here about bugs on the platform, all of the issues I have mentioned are still occurring for me.

Most concerning for me personally is the lack of notifications coming through. And then...

This morning I sent offers on 50 selected items from my seller dashboard, and instead it sent out that offer on ALL of my items.

I have also reached out to a number of family members who use Ebay, 2 have businesses on the platform and others are just regular users and they are all mentioning issues to me including the app no longer allowing them to upload photographs on older model phones, so they have to take pictures on their phones then separately add them to the draft when listing – this takes up too much time when batch listing and is causing less productivity, less items listed and less revenue. Issues with how the site is displayed in Firefox browser – not loading correctly and unable to edit listings correctly unless in Chrome on a Macbook.

Can these issues be reported in any way, how does one do this? I hate coming on these boards and moaning all the time but multiple times a day something “new” crops up that causes a waste of time, revenue or frustration.

(Oh, all Cookies, Cache and everything has been cleared, the usual)

Message 7 of 46
See Most Recent

@daytona-500 wrote:

Hi team, I would very much appreciate some help with an application for approval to sell items in a restricted category. I have applied a few times since last year but without any reply unfortunately.
I would like to sell a range of hand made stainless steel rings in the sex toys category which I have been very successfully selling on Etsy for a couple of years now with a surprisingly large turnover. I appreciate that you probably receive numerous similar requests but I am hoping to have answered one way or another if it is worthwhile pursuing my application, or if eBay are no longer accepting new sellers in this category.
May I just add that I have two eBay accounts, this one since 2008 with 2700 feedback and another account since 2004 with 19000 feedback, all positive.
Thank you.

Hi daytona-500, thanks for your post.

Have you put an application through recently, so I can try to follow that up with the team? If you haven't, I would suggest applying again, and if you don't hear back from them within 8 weeks, you can create a thread and tag me on it, so I can look into it for you.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 8 of 46
See Most Recent

Afternoon Team - When we appeal a defect does the review take place by an automated system or is it looked at by a Human? On a couple of occassions lately I have had reason to appeal a defect - one was due to an ebay error as a postage refund was classed as an out of stock refund (this was escalated to your IT dept).  6 defects were recorded; 5 were removed by an advisor but they were unable to remove the 6th due to system limitations. To get the 6th removed i sent all this info to the defect team the answer was sorry we can't remove it on this occasion. The second was an item not received case that was decided in my favour (which is actually one of the options for getting neutral/negative feedback removed) and again the appeal was declined. On both occasions the defects were eventually removed but it takes far too much time in calls etc to sort out. This seems a waste of your time as well as ours. Is there a training issue in the defects team or is it literally a case of  "Computer says no"?

Message 9 of 46
See Most Recent

Good afternoon

I am going to the Ebay roadshow at Leicester to go and highlight the issues we are having with ebays EDD's. I have booked a 1:1 to discuss this with a ebay staff member.   I have been gathering evidence to show them the issue, the same evidence I have provided on here. 

My question is, has this issue been put forward to the relevant staff via this communtiy chat.

I know many sellers have raised this issue on here and on the ebay forums.  We are being told nothing is wrong.  However, the evidence speaks for itself.  Please can you confirm this is being addressed.

There is also an issue with Yodel and some shops refusing to take parcels, as the shops have been told by Yodel they can only take a certain size. 

We had a case not so long ago where I had to drop a Yodel parcel off at a different shop, they refused the parcel, so I had to drive to my normal shop for them to accept this.

It appears that packlink and ebay are not letting yodel know we are allowed to send via Yodel  packlink parcels that are 120cm x 50cm x 50cm as confirmed in writing on 9th April 2024 by a packlink staff member.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 46
See Most Recent

Hello - is there an issue with the Notification bell or notifications - I keep getting "Notifications aren't available at the moment"

Message 11 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi 

I asked in a previous chat about how I could identify what it is that is preventing my account from being upgraded to seller plus...as I think I have met all the criteria. After your feedback I updated my postage policy again but I'm still receiving emails to say that all my items aren't eligible because of the postage policy. 

I'd really appreciate your help with this so I can make the changes before the next review on the 20th. 

Thanks

Zoe

Message 12 of 46
See Most Recent

Help for sellers! permanently banned. 

Really need your help. I opened an account for business in january. Mainly to sell stickers. 

Shortly after opening it i received an email to say my account was suspended and blocked from selling. 

Today i call up twice, only to be told i can never open a new ebay account nor have my other account reinstated. 

I was not told why. No explanation at all. Yet ebay keep sending me an email to say fees are due. I asked if this was the problem as was told no. Even though i never even got chance to sell anything!

I need this account as its my business name i trade under. 

What can i do to have it reinstated ?

Message 13 of 46
See Most Recent

Marco, why are you saying 8 weeks.   On the top of the form that is displayed on ebay it states - 

We'll review the information provided and reply to you within 3 weeks to advise on the next steps if eligible. Please only submit one application per account.

the page this is on is at

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sml/new-categories-form2

If ebay cannot reply in the 3 week period,  then surely you should change the page to give the correct information rather than sellers getting annoyed when they dont hear anything

Message 14 of 46
See Most Recent

@tressygirl wrote:

Good afternoon team.

When a buyer receives a QR code for the collection of an item from a seller's home,  do both seller and buyer have to be app users to complete that registration for the QR code, or can seller or buyer or both,  only have a PC / laptop,  a desktop browser,  and still be able to enter / offer that code ?

Hi tressygirl, thanks for your post.

Yes, the only way to do it would be through the app. Alternatively, the seller can mark it as paid/collected through the website after the item is collected. 

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 15 of 46
See Most Recent

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Bugs-Bugs-Bugs/td-p/7588651/jump-to/first-unre...

I started a thread here about bugs on the platform, all of the issues I have mentioned are still occurring for me.

Most concerning for me personally is the lack of notifications coming through. And then...

This morning I sent offers on 50 selected items from my seller dashboard, and instead it sent out that offer on ALL of my items.

I have also reached out to a number of family members who use Ebay, 2 have businesses on the platform and others are just regular users and they are all mentioning issues to me including the app no longer allowing them to upload photographs on older model phones, so they have to take pictures on their phones then separately add them to the draft when listing – this takes up too much time when batch listing and is causing less productivity, less items listed and less revenue. Issues with how the site is displayed in Firefox browser – not loading correctly and unable to edit listings correctly unless in Chrome on a Macbook.

Can these issues be reported in any way, how does one do this? I hate coming on these boards and moaning all the time but multiple times a day something “new” crops up that causes a waste of time, revenue or frustration.

(Oh, all Cookies, Cache and everything has been cleared, the usual)

Hi vintagewatchpart, thanks for your post.

To report a technical issue, you can contact customer service and they would file the report for you, or you can let us know over here, and we will do that for you. While I understand the situation is not ideal for you, you'd still need to report the issue.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 16 of 46
See Most Recent

@vintagewatchpart wrote:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/eBay-Search/m-p/7579236

On last weeks chat I asked about this and again 4 weeks ago and no reply has come. There are still repeated issues with the Ebay search engine that are being openly discussed in this thread, the issues still persist and have not been rectified.

I am finding it increasingly difficult to find what I am looking for and being presented with totally irrelevant items in search results.

Is there an issue with search, if so when is it likely to be rectified? If there isn’t an issue with search, are these problems intentional, if so it would be brilliant for sellers to find out why so we can adjust for these changes with our items that we sell.

Hi @vintagewatchpart 

I've read through that thread and there are no actual tech issues with how search is working. Search looks at a number of different parts of a listing to show it in the results. For example, if the title starts with brand new or genuine it might not show in the results based on what the buyer has searched for. 

There are a number of resources you can view on line which will help with search optimisation such as our Youtube channel and eBay Academy. These will break down how to best optimise listings to rank better in search. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 17 of 46
See Most Recent

Thank you thought that was the case,  someone last week mentioned you can enter that QR code manually on a PC,  thought that was incorrect, thanks.

Message 18 of 46
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Good afternoon

I am going to the Ebay roadshow at Leicester to go and highlight the issues we are having with ebays EDD's. I have booked a 1:1 to discuss this with a ebay staff member.   I have been gathering evidence to show them the issue, the same evidence I have provided on here. 

My question is, has this issue been put forward to the relevant staff via this communtiy chat.

I know many sellers have raised this issue on here and on the ebay forums.  We are being told nothing is wrong.  However, the evidence speaks for itself.  Please can you confirm this is being addressed.

There is also an issue with Yodel and some shops refusing to take parcels, as the shops have been told by Yodel they can only take a certain size. 

We had a case not so long ago where I had to drop a Yodel parcel off at a different shop, they refused the parcel, so I had to drive to my normal shop for them to accept this.

It appears that packlink and ebay are not letting yodel know we are allowed to send via Yodel  packlink parcels that are 120cm x 50cm x 50cm as confirmed in writing on 9th April 2024 by a packlink staff member.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hi lincolnshiremarine, thanks for your question.

Yes, this has been flagged with the shipping team, and we've put forward your feedback and experience with EDD as well.

Thank you,

Marco

eBay
Message 19 of 46
See Most Recent

Hi again !

Any update on the ongoing saga with members having issues converting Nectar points to vouchers?

We seem to be getting daily questions on this, still some unable to use their  points  >>  vouchers.

Any helpful update / answer we can pass on ?

Thank you.

Message 20 of 46
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.