sellers not sending stuff

Why are sellers not even bothering to send stuff out after you pay straight away its just a joke i think il find another selling platform to buy stuff as ebay just full o scammers now .

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Hopefully you have been opening Item not Received cases for all the purchases that have not turned up to get your money back?

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

How do you know the items are not being sent? How many items are we talking about?

Photobucket

"Take deep breaths, it'll soon be gone"

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

As soon as I sell anything on eBay I make it my intention to have it sent THAT DAY. I only sell a few things here and there, but I have always been this way. I feel I can't even sleep if I've made a sale and haven't dispatched it, I get that paranoid, lol.

I am guessing the majority of people selling on eBay are the same.

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

@rembpic0 wrote:

Why are sellers not even bothering to send stuff out after you pay straight away its just a joke i think il find another selling platform to buy stuff as ebay just full o scammers now .

How are they scamming you when you are guaranteed to get a full refund?

Where is the scam? 

Things do get lost/delayed in the post, and eBay give delivery estimates that are completely inaccurate and impossible to achieve

Your items will arrive after the date that ebay estimate it will arrive, they over promise delivery dates which cannot be acheived- so expect your item to arrive a day or so later than stated

Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Adding to the advice already given -

from the 68 feedback you have left it seems that you have failed to receive one item.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Not all sellers offer same day dispatch. Read the listings. It's not a scam if sellers dispatch within their stated dispatch time. It's not a joke. Feel free to buy things elsewhere when you need them urgently. Whatever you think of eBay's search algorithm it's definitely easier to use than Amazon's. Every site has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes the item you need is only available in one place, other times you can choose. There's no rule that you're only allowed a buying account with one platform at a time, you can use as many platforms as you want.

dispatch private.pngdispatch business.png

Edit: Just to be clear, these screenshots are from two different listings. It isn't an eBay glitch with different details for the same item.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Hi thats great BUT saying that a lot of private sellers also work full time.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Including myself!

If I can't dispatch same day, I always contact the buyer to let them know when I'm dropping it off at the Post Office or parcel point.

But anyway, we normally have 3 days to send it don't we.

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

I think if you are running a busy business which despatches multiple items a day over multiple market places it is not always possible to despatch the same day.

If you are a small private seller selling your own stuff you probably have other commitments such as work and can't despatch the same day.

It is why sellers can set a handling time so they can decide how many days they have to despatch an item. As long as they keep to their handling time there isn't a problem.

As a buyer what I expect is to receive the item that I paid for within a reasonable timescale.

As a seller I do actually aim to get items out the same day but I wouldn't expect every seller to do it 

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Thats fine if that works for you working full time.   But some of us worked nowhere near a post office and only got 30 mins for lunch 😞

Your shipping time can be longer than 3 days.     Its whatever you say on a listing.    I put mine at 5 days but usually posted within 48hrs.    I tried to make sure my auctions ended on a Thursday or Friday night..hoping to post on a Saturday.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Hi Glyn 

Please disregard my previous post, I clicked on your items for sales and it took me to a list of over 150 jewellry items - new and old,  unfortunately I have since found out these were not yours - who knows why it took me to another sellers items 

So I directed the post to you as it seemed to be a fair response but it isn't - your context as a private seller is correct and justified 

Many Apologies 

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

In addition to the observations that have already been raised with regards to eBay setting delivery dates that are unrealistic and impossible - or at best, extremely difficult - for a seller to achieve, there are also other instances whereby a seller may not be able to post an item straightaway.  For example, if a buyer pays for an item on a Saturday evening then the seller is not going to be able to post the item straightaway, as the Post Office will be shut, it will not be open the following day as the Post Office never opens on a Sunday, and if the seller works full-time, as opposed to using eBay as his/her main source of income as many Business Sellers do, then it may well not be possible for the seller to post stuff out straightaway, even if the buyer paid for the item during a working weekday, as opposed to paying for the item during the weekend.

Although I no longer sell on eBay, having decided to pull the plug on my eBay selling days when they did away with PayPal as the default means of sellers receiving payment, when I did sell on eBay I would always make an active effort to get my sold items despatched as soon as possible after payment had been made.  In many cases that often meant taking parcels to work with me and making a trip up to the Post Office a short distance from where I used to work, despite the fact that I only used to get a thirty minute lunch break.

To be totally honest with you I think that your comment "eBay is just full of scammers now" is an insult to all of the decent sellers on this platform, especially those who will often go the extra mile to ensure that the buyer gets his/her item as quickly as possible.  Just because you may have had one or two bad experiences with eBay sellers that you have purchased things from in the past doesn't mean that every seller on the site is a scammer.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

I totally agree with your comments 🙂   unfortunately we are now in the era of "I want everything immediately.....same day delivery etc"  and often buyers do not realise that is not how Ebay works.   Unrealistic expectations comes to mind.

I honestly feel that lately i am not even a seller anymore......just a lister

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Sellers have different dispatch times.

If you are looking for a quick turn around, buy from Sellers who dispatch same day (it will give this info on their adverts).

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

If you want something immediately... walk to your local shop and buy it. Online shopping has more variety, but the disadvantages include time and postage cost.

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: