can anyone tell me why i keep getting dollars when browsing

my homepage is in pounds, but when i leave to browse items for sale , everything is in dollars,  go back to my homepage and that too has changed from pounds into dollars

ive cleared my cookies caches signed out restarted lap top and signed back in using uk website at first home page is in pounds again but as soon as i leave everything back into dollars

what am i doing wrong

Message 1 of 30
See Most Recent
29 REPLIES 29

It's an ebay glitch.   Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

Message 2 of 30
See Most Recent

I was just bout to ask the same question, so now I know it is a glitch, I will continue to use my, round the houses route to find what I want, because sorting out could take ages. Nothing changes which is good to know!
Message 3 of 30
See Most Recent

You are signed into ebay.com

Sign out and then make sure you sign back in ti ebay.co.uk

The URL often switches to ebay.com when you use "block a bidder" or similar tools.

Message 4 of 30
See Most Recent

That is not quite correct. I am logged onto .co.uk but when you want to search, I have always used the search bar at the top of the page. So you put in the catagory and click search and the next page comes up as the catagory but on the .com site. It is still doing it so there is a glitch. To get to the .co.uk site, I use one of the pages saved in my watch list, open that and use the small links at the top of that page. That is, for me the only way to search for what I want in my catagory.

Message 5 of 30
See Most Recent

jeanxrhys
Contributor

I am DEFINITELY on eBay.co.uk but when I look at my Saved searches they come up in dollars. I never use "block a bidder".  Sick of it. 

Message 6 of 30
See Most Recent

This is happening to me everyday sign in the uk,then i end up on the u.s.a  ebay site?

I have to keep going back to my home page for the uk.

Message 7 of 30
See Most Recent

Mine doing the same. SAVED SEARCHES bounce to ebay,com  rather than ebay.uk, so end up seeing items in US  in $US  which is useless for me.  Thankfully ebay on my phone Saved Searches links to UK items only

Message 8 of 30
See Most Recent

I know it flits to .com sometimes - has done for years but didn't realise the problem was so prolific and annoying for buyers.

It needs sorting pronto - this is not good for buyers or sellers  - we want buyers to have a problem free experiance when browsing and buying on ebay !

Message 9 of 30
See Most Recent

still doing it to this day! - I'm using facebook marketplace instead. I'm done with ebay.

Message 10 of 30
See Most Recent

Go to a listing

Check where it says

Postage:
Free 3 day postage
By Mon. 07 Feb. to POSTCODE
Dispatched today if paid within 1 hr 47 mins 
Details

in the postage options

Click "details"  and check it shows your location as UK and not US

if not, use the drop down menu to change your location 

Message 11 of 30
See Most Recent

I have exactly the same issue. Saved searches coming up in dollars but new searches showing in GBP. Thought it might have been something to do with me using ebay when I was on holiday in Spain recently but I very mch doubt that now I have read others have the same problem ! You would have thought that ebay would be better than this with their resources.

Message 12 of 30
See Most Recent

Looking at my saved searches in a browser, if I hover over each of them then I can see that the link URL is ebay.co.uk for some and ebay.com for others.  Clicking on those with .com will incorrectly search the US site.

No idea why - all the original searches were carried out on the UK site before being saved.  And all were tested and working as UK searches at some point after saving.  
I wonder if there is a bug that switches them over to .com when the search has been updated in a particular way (ie.  maybe this only happens after the email notification frequency is changed) and that's why some are broken but not all.

Very annoying.

Message 13 of 30
See Most Recent

Exactly this saved search issue happening to me!  Very annoying. 

Message 14 of 30
See Most Recent

I'm getting similar, but only had problem starting from today. £ changed to $, but also for example, one of my searches for only items within 15 miles,( due to need to collect) I'm being offered items from US, and quoted in US $. withremark 'seller does not ship to UK. Most annoying,  Doesn't Ebay read any of these comp[laints?  

Message 15 of 30
See Most Recent

I'm definitely on ebay.co.uk and my ebay  summary is now displaying in Euros, when yesterday it was in GBP. The items are all for sale within UK and my home address is OK.

Message 16 of 30
See Most Recent

Did anybody find a solution to this? I still can't sell anything.

Message 17 of 30
See Most Recent

They have just 'updated' the app (May 2023) and this dollar thing has returned. Looks like a lazy developer has cut and paste some code from an old repo, and skipped UAT.

Message 18 of 30
See Most Recent

Confirmed, this is broken again today.

Message 19 of 30
See Most Recent

23/05/2023 - Sort this out eBay, this has been happening for over a year now.

Message 20 of 30
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: