TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

SHORT HAND! WHY DO ALL YOU SELLERS ON HERE TYPE SENTENCES IN SHORTHAND? I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD YOU SAY!  AS SOME OF US ARE NOT WORD TECH SAVVY. AND WHEN YOU ALL ADD YOUR EXPERIENCES YOU ALL  USE INITIALS, INSTEAD OF BOTHERING TO WRITE THE WHOLE WORDS. SURLY A LOT OF SELLERS WHO BROWSE ON HERE TO SEE DIFFERENT ANSWERS, NEED THE WHOLE WORDS SPELT BECAUSE YOU ARE NO HELP TO US OTHERWISE!

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

iv nev gt y sum postas pt ev thing in caps

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Nh m nthr mt, mks t s hrd 2 rd innit?

WYD? 

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

i type in what ever mode i was last in! lol! and you tow are idiots 🤣🤣

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

you are both wally's!🤣 But if you had a Key with the explanations of the codes then perhaps we too could learn!🤔

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

@kikukatshandmade wrote:

you are both wally's!🤣 But if you had a Key with the explanations of the codes then perhaps we too could learn!🤔

The most common ones are:

SNAD = Significantly not as described
IS = Item specifics
EDD = Estimated delivery date
FB = Feedback (or that social media site...)
BIN = Buy It Now
BNWT = Brand new with tags
BNIB = Brand new in box
HMRC = His Majesty's Revenue and Customs (you'll be seeing this one a lot lately!)

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Example...

I had an item not as described the other day because the customer wanted a free return so they opened this item not as described to do it. When it came back, the item wasn't not as described but was fine.

I had an INAD the other day because the customer wanted a free return so they opened this INAD to do it. When it came back, the item wasn't INAD but was fine.

People should all learn to be familiar with those shorthand eBay words as there's reasons for it (which doesn't include to try and look 'cool' like the LOL, WDYW, HRU, ROFL and so on days). Firstly it's less to type (It can be gruelling the amount of times we have to type Item not as described, doesn't match description and so on) and the fewer the amount of text characters, the easier on the eye it is to read. 

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Why are you shouting?

People pay more attention to normal discussion, rather than being shouted at.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Is this in relation to your other post where HMRC and registering as a business seller were mentioned?

HMRC is 'His Majesty's Revenue and Customs' - often known as the taxman.

You do need to upgrade your account to a business account, pay Ebay their correct fees and offer your buyers a legal returns policy.

If you sell more than 30 items this year (January to December) Ebay will be passing your details to HMRC.  Best to get onto a correct footing now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/selling/create-ebay-business-account

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Same reason you can't find the caps lock.

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

@jckl1957 wrote:

Is this in relation to your other post where HMRC and registering as a business seller were mentioned?

HMRC is 'His Majesty's Revenue and Customs' - often known as the taxman.

You do need to upgrade your account to a business account, pay Ebay their correct fees and offer your buyers a legal returns policy.

If you sell more than 30 items this year (January to December) Ebay will be passing your details to HMRC.  Best to get onto a correct footing now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/selling/create-ebay-business-account

Maybe they are too lazy to upgrade?

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

CTID.      i always caps lock/shout that.

but with automatic word prompt and spellcheck,   these days it is just as easy to write messages in proper English.

I once received an in-house email off a warehouse super and it was all written in text English, i had to go to her and ask the young whippersnapper to re-write it in plain English so this old office johnny could understand it. 

SYL

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Finally, Someone with a bit of sense! Thank you so much dear.

Excellent help. Love the HMRC !

And the FB one can be a bit of a hit and miss context. 😬

So thank you anyways.

SWALK !💐

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Well then, Maybe if we knew where to find the said shorthand ebay words, then perhaps we could all learn the LINGO !

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

I'm not shouting when I write in capitals. If I wanted to shout then these are the symbols 📢🗣📣I would put before my capitals!

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Maybe true, as I've just bought a new tablet, and am still finding my way around it. Luckily I only use it for ebay.

So am not bothered really. So I didn't even know that block caps, meant that I was shouting.

And I only ever find my way on here, because I have stumbled across it. I couldn't find my way onto this problem page if you paid me, as I have Dementia. So remembering the English language is challenging enough for me at the moment. Let alone worry about your little click.

And anyone worth their while, who helps solve people's problems on here, and who is worth their sort, will write explanations for  📣🗣📢 ALL TO UNDERSTAND ! Not to just have a general chinwag with each other!

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

@four_mid_able wrote:

😂😂🤣🤣

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

TOO LAZY TO WRITE WORDS

Here's some more:

UC universal credit
CIP collection in person
C&D click and drop
C&C click and collect
AI artificial intelligence
LL large letter
FDD final delivery date
MBG money back guarantee
CS customer service

Please correct me if I got any of these wrong or they have another meaning in the context of Ebay. In general, 2 letter acronymns have many meanings so only use them after the full wording has been used in the discussion.

"Where can I find my FB"                                                                     "in the garden" 😉

3 letter acronymns also have multiple meanings but it's usually clear enough for the context.

4 or more letters are generally unique.

Sometimes it's enough to know a general meaning without knowing what each letter stands for. So don't send your tax documents to DPD or UPS, or order shipping labels from HMRC 😉

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: