Safety

Does anyone else think these things are dangerous?  Personally I don't think they would keep a child's head in the right position if the kid had a problem, i.e. above the water.  

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Safety

Impossible to say from a photo.

The seller is based in Hong Kong, not to say those items,  if  bought from a High Street store are not made in Hong Kong they probably are,  but on receipt if not compliant to any safety issues or deem to be unsafe,  the location of the item is London,  so that is where a buyer  needs to send any item back in a case for item not as described,  with the seller having to pay for a fully tracked return if they want their item sending back first.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Safety

Hi this is my honest opinion....

I would not purchase this product as to me it looks too flimsey and lightweight and i have my doubts as to whether it conforms to our strict safety standards.   (cannot see anything about that on the listing)   I would stick to the old fashioned blow up arm bands or even a rubber ring and keep a very close eye on my child.      

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Safety

Surely they are only meant to be a swimming aid to help kids learn to swim by keeping their body a bit more buoyant while being supervised by an adult.

Like with any swimming aid, be it traditional arm bands or a rubber ring, you shouldn't just leave a child in the pool on their own. 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Safety

If fitted wrongly this could put a child face down in the water, unable to right themselves! I doubt it meets CE standards 

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Safety

looks like a copy / version of the Beco safety belts which are rated by child age and weight and conform to European safety standards TÜV and GS-certified according to EN 13138-1:2014

Personally for a few pounds extra I would lean towards the certified version retailling at around £17 - This is a personal preference 

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: