Purchases arrivng via Amazon

A couple of times now I have bought stuff on ebay and it has arrived from Amazon. It's obvious that the sellers are placing the ad on ebay, when a purchase is made they buy from Geoff, use buyers address for the delivery and trouser the difference. The problem I have with this is that I conciously avoid using Amazon for all sorts of reasons which is why I am buying on ebay. I've been giving sellers that undermine my principle neutral feedback because I really can't see what else I could do. Discuss.

Message 1 of 121
See Most Recent
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Purchases arrivng via Amazon

Interesting range of replies on this subject, I suspect the ones defending the process are using it to deliver goods for their own profit.

Yes, I accept that people buy and sell all of the time, from different sources, that is business, the issue here is that E Bay sellers (if indeed they are) are using information and data supplied to Ebay from a customer and supping that data to another company without any consent from the customer, this is probability a breach of the data protection act 2018.

I am writing to Ebay to ask why my data has been shared, this is a requirement of the complaints procedure before you can raise it to the “office of Information Commissioner”.

If Ebay are not themselves sharing this data then there is a clear breech to be investigated by a third party which only the is able to investigate.

On the other hand, and I will implicate this given the chance, if this happens to me again I will refuse the package from “Amazon” simply as I did not order anything from them and as all my friends know I avoid “Amazon” like the plague it cannot be a gift, this should cause a problem for them. Secondly, I will report the item as undelivered to Ebay and let them sort things out regarding a refund. If they ask for proof of delivery from the seller they would have to show it was sent by a third party. This will take time so I shall order a low value item as a test.

Of course this only works if you are going to be home, and in my case I will also have video and audio from my security cameras to show the “Amazon driver” was sent away with the package if they try and sneak back and leave it on my door step.

I would encourage others to do this as the more the system is messed about, the more likely they are to stop doing it

Message 121 of 121
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: