Help! - No Click & Collect barcode received, even though item has been delivered to C&C location.

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can get ebay to send/resend a delivery notification including the barcode used for Click & Collect?  They usually send several reminders if it isn't collected straight away, but I haven't received a single one and therefore can't collect the package!

At the moment, all I can do is report that I haven't received the item, raise a case/dispute and wait days before ebay will "step in to help".

The seller has sent the item, it is at the collection point and the tracking says it's delivered, but I haven't received the usual email from ebay with a collection barcode and to say it's delivered and awaiting collection ...so (quite rightly), the newsagent don't want to release it!

I will try showing them the order details and the tracking details, but I think they want or need the barcode to release it.

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Help! - No Click & Collect barcode received, even though item has been delivered to C&C location.

They do need that code,  if it isn't showing on your delivery details,  contact eBay Customer Services,  they will provide this code for you.

Do not delay in asking,  the store will only keep the item for you,  for 7 days.

Contact ebay Customer Services,  this way.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page on the link below you will be able to access eBay Customer Services via a Live Chat and sometimes there is a Call Back available. Both options will give you an approximate waiting time, it is usually only a few minutes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/search-tips/advanced-search?id=4049&query=1455&st=GENERAL_SEARCH

Lines open on weekdays, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m

Message 2 of 24
See Most Recent

Thanks very much for the reply and info!

I'd tried the Contact Us option on a different page and was just taken round a loop of  FAQs without a Live Chat option.  When I thought I'd contacted ebay and sent the message, it just went to the seller as a raised dispute for an item not received.

I've now followed your link and had a Live Chat, but it has been referred to a Click & Collect Team who will hopefully contact me via email within 48 hours.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 24
See Most Recent

hi need  a barcode  for the item at click & collect 

Message 4 of 24
See Most Recent

Look on the c and c address on your purchase details, the first line will be an ECP number( eg ecp 12355). The collection point can enter this number and request a barcode be sent to your phone. This is now becoming an eBay epidemic.

Message 5 of 24
See Most Recent

I have the same problem ebay are a nightmare to contact.

Message 6 of 24
See Most Recent

I had a similar expeirence this week with an electrical item worth £350.  Royal mail tracking showed the item was at the collection point but not collection code messge from ebay.  Contacted ebay support and told to wait 48 hrs for the click & collect team to respond.
So I ignored that and visited the collection point with a hard copy of the order details and the ECP number and managed to collect the item. 
But will not be using ebay click & collect again....

Message 7 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi, I also experience the same thing as you. How do you ask the staff to accept the ecp number as the staff I asked insisted they want the fm number. Like how do you persuade them?

Message 8 of 24
See Most Recent

@izmoh-18 wrote:

Hi, I also experience the same thing as you. How do you ask the staff to accept the ecp number as the staff I asked insisted they want the fm number. Like how do you persuade them?

I guess it probably depends on the individual shop being willing to bend the rules.

Message 9 of 24
See Most Recent

I showed him a hard copy of the ebay order dispatch confirmation .
It was a busy BP petrol station....
Message 10 of 24
See Most Recent

Guess it's kind of comforting to see I'm not alone here but I just had the same situation happen. No budging on the petrol station's end, which is fair enough on them, but how am I supposed to make a barcode appear? And surely showing the tracking number in my email inbox is the same level of proof of identity as having a barcode?

Message 11 of 24
See Most Recent

I'll chime in here - eBay cannot or will not help with this issue and I will not be offering collect from pickup again. I am also in the same boat - buyer desperate to get there item yet no code generated 3 days AFTER delivery. Live chat said they will pass on my concerns then cut me off. They do not care as long as they get there money. So now my buyer has less than 4 days to get the code before the item gets automatically returned - that is probably the ONLY good thing as it means at least I could sell it elsewhere, provided it doesn't get damaged in the post. I am not amused.

Message 12 of 24
See Most Recent

The buyer is the one that has to chase ebay for the code, are they doing that?

Message 13 of 24
See Most Recent

Not sure but if you could provide me with it I can forward it.
Message 14 of 24
See Most Recent

Honestly I'm not sure but I will ask. Thanks for the help.

Message 15 of 24
See Most Recent

I'm not sure how it happened but not long after I posted on here, eBay email the code through... and have emailed it again every day since. Feels like a human error situation, but it's baffling that it's not auto-generated and sent the same time as the alert that the parcel is available for collection. Especially as that email contains everything related to the order anyway. Hopefully this gets a fix soon!

Message 16 of 24
See Most Recent

This has just happened to me, thankfully my local Argos as always were extremely helpful.

An email from the courier let me know the parcel had been delivered but no usual email with the barcode. It turned out that this was human error by Argos, nobody had "put it away". I'd taken a hard copy of the details including the ECP number (thank you to the people above) and they could generate an SMS there and then.

Message 17 of 24
See Most Recent

Dear all,

I have had this problem several times and it is always frustrating, however I think this should solve the issue:

If the buyer goes to: My Ebay > Purchase History > View Order Details.

Then, under "Collection Info" , there should be a collection code (i think this code always starts with "FM/").

Show this to the person at te collection point, they can enter it manually instead of the barcode. 

Hope that helps!

Message 18 of 24
See Most Recent

Hi I appreciate your input with my case, if that's what your helping with, however I was the seller in my case and cannot get the code. Buyer was informed of other ways to collect including getting alternate codes and contacting eBay but the collection point denied all knowledge of the parcel. eBay sided with both of us in a first and settled the cash value. The item has still clearly been stolen however so I have little recourse but also no real motivation to find out what really happened. Can't blame buyer, or delivery drivers, or even collection point but one of them did steal it as it's still missing.

thank you anyway.

Message 19 of 24
See Most Recent

same here. Item delivered at Argos today but no email confirmation. I contacted customer services and said someone else from a dedicated team will contact me within 48h. I won't hold my breath. 

I'll try Argos tomorrow and see if they can give it to me... but it's rather frustrating . And I have another item to be delivered on Monday. 

Message 20 of 24
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: