Help! - No Click & Collect barcode received, even though item has been delivered to C&C location.

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can get ebay to send/resend a delivery notification including the barcode used for Click & Collect?  They usually send several reminders if it isn't collected straight away, but I haven't received a single one and therefore can't collect the package!

At the moment, all I can do is report that I haven't received the item, raise a case/dispute and wait days before ebay will "step in to help".

The seller has sent the item, it is at the collection point and the tracking says it's delivered, but I haven't received the usual email from ebay with a collection barcode and to say it's delivered and awaiting collection ...so (quite rightly), the newsagent don't want to release it!

I will try showing them the order details and the tracking details, but I think they want or need the barcode to release it.

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

Help! - No Click & Collect barcode received, even though item has been delivered to C&C location.

Hi,

I bought an item on eBay, and Amazon Logistics Europe delivered it to my designated click and collect shop.

All I got was an Amazon delivery email saying it was ready to collect.

I went to the shop yesterday, found my parcel, took it to the counter and the man there asked me for a barcode to scan.

I said I never received one from Amazon or eBay, but I showed him all the information on my phone which matched that on the parcel.

But he refused to let me take the package saying he needs to scan it out, and I have nothing to scan.

So I had to leave it there.

I emailed Amazon Logistics who responded with the most nonsensical and unhelpful message ever, you can't call them either.

I have messaged the seller but no response yet, possibly as it's the weekend.

But what am I supposed to do if I don't have any barcode?

If it's a Royal Mail delivery then they ask for is my ID but they didn't care for that.

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

This has happened to me for the second time in god knows how long. My parcel has been delivered to the shop but I can't get it due to no barcode sent. Its time Ebay fixed this problem otherwise its going to scare everyone off. Both Ebay and Collectplus need a better system that works not this. I've taken the matter up with Trustpilot for now and given them the tracking details so maybe it will make someone get their finger out and sort this once and for all.

Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

I tried that and all I get is repeasted quesations from a robot not much good is it?

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

Also report it to Trustpilot for review and let others know about it. Eventually they will have to sort it out or lose customers. Also share it everywhere on social media.

Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: