Bid restriction

I have purchased eleven items all by BIN or via the offers system.

last night I tried to place a bid on a item with six seconds remaining (£431) when a page all in red text came on the screen preventing me from bidding.I didn't even have time to read the message because when the item finished the page disappeared.

I have had no contact from ebay by way of email or ebay messages regarding any restrictions placed on my account.A hour before this happened I purchased a item by a offer and then excepting the counter offer.

Any insight would be welcome.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bid restriction

I am UK based but on a break in Goa.

Place a  call button did not work.

I finally worked out how to get eBay to call me.Being on a uk SIM card I only had one bar of signal but gave it a go and requested they call me.Sure enough to my surprise my phone rang ( this is about 03.30 uk time) 09.00 India.

A very helpful customer care person asked a couple of security questions and the bid restriction was removed.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Bid restriction

apologies I should of said eleven items in the last two months,

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

The only thing i can think of is that Ebay have placed a limit on your bidding ability because it looks like you haven't bought or sold for a while.

A flurry of bidding/buying after a dormant period would trigger barriers.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

I purchased 51 items steadily through out 2023.

Rember I can still purchase via BIN or offers

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

Apparently ebay should contact you if a restriction has been placed on the account.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

This is the message I received when I tried to place a bid on a 99 pence item!

I am registered as a business and purchased only fifty two items in the last year.

hardly excessive in my view.

IMG_1601.jpeg

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

so have you phoned ebay as it say's on the notice

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

Following a break, a flurry of buying activity has triggered a Buying Limit restriction >

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/buying-limits-restrictions/buying-limits-restrictions?id=4012&st=...

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Bid restriction

I am UK based but on a break in Goa.

Place a  call button did not work.

I finally worked out how to get eBay to call me.Being on a uk SIM card I only had one bar of signal but gave it a go and requested they call me.Sure enough to my surprise my phone rang ( this is about 03.30 uk time) 09.00 India.

A very helpful customer care person asked a couple of security questions and the bid restriction was removed.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: