eBay Post Labels?

Starting to day, I get one label perA4 sheet because the rest is taken up with an unnecessary certificate of postage.  Or is just me?post label.jpg

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

eBay Post Labels?

No, it's not just you.  My Letter labels were OK, but the LL included the Certificate.

What fresh hell is this that eBay is inflicting upon us sellers?

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

Yep just got the same, paid for 16 labels , usually I would get 4 to a page and now its trying to put each label on one page with the extra *bleep* that I will throw away and use my ink up. 

Before if you wanted an online certicate you could print it on its own , another change that was not asked for and should be fixed back as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

This must be something new Royal Mail has introduced as so many others are reporting this too.

Not sure of any workaround , someone here may come up hopefully with an answer for this,  otherwise this is a good question to bring to the Community Managers on the Wednesday Weekly Chat which happens here between 2p.m.. and 3 p.m.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

Bang being able to easily use the Zebra 6x4 label printer.  What on earth have you done now eBay.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

It is possible to do away with the certificate of posting - though you still get the arrows.

It involves printing each label manually, setting the printing option to "4 x A4 labels", and doing them one at a time, rotating the paper, and then printing the next.

But this is fiddly, time-consuming, error-prone, and despite my best efforts, about 1 time in 4 it generates an automatic print of the "full sheet" version, complete with CoP,  as well as the one I've printed manually.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

Maybe it's just me, but if your sending more than 20 parcels a week, why would you not be using a RM business account anyway?

It's cheaper, it gives free collections and it's far easier than Ebay's clunky system.

They even provide a heavily discounted label printer and free labels!

Ebay's labels are there for those who want to make Ebay more money and are only sending the occasional item.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

Most of my items go either by franked mail or courier.

I only use eBay labels in very specific circumstances:

- if I need tracking on a large letter item, eBay provides 24/48 services, without needing to inconvenience the customer by getting a signature (franking doesn't provide these services).

- if I need to send an airmail item to an overseas PO Box (because Parcel2Go won't send ANYTHING to a PO box, even if it's a Royal Mail service).

So yes, I only use them occasionally - but that can still mean half-a-dozen parcels via eBay on a busy day.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

That's exactly what I'm trying to point out though.  

It really doesn't take much, to take you to the point where it's worthwhile using a RM account.

I pay less for all the services that you can buy via ebay (bar standard letters) and I don't send that many parcels.  

You literally only need to be sending 3 items per day tracked.  And it's cheaper than RM48 to use tracked.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

As per the long thread on this topic on the non-business seller forum, ebay themselves have confirmed that this issue is an ebay "technical issue" and is nothing to do with RM at all. 

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

eBay Post Labels?

It is back to normal now.

It is used for two reasons, laziness, and tecnophobic assistants can use it with suprisingly few errors.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: