Why is percentage of buyers leaving feedback so low

last month was a very bad month for sales and as a result I was able to get any sold items sent out very quickly and improved my handling time 

I expected that I'd get some very positive feedback as a result but out of 35 parcels sent out some next day I've not had more than 2 buyers leaving feedback 

it's quite soul destroying when you work hard to improve on buyers expectations not to have any more reward in terms of feedback  it's strange how quickly buyers are to leave negative or neutral  yet the same doesn't apply for positive 

what is everyone's thoughts on this

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Funnily enough, I've never seen anyone complain about the amout of feedback left on Ebay.

I get about a 1 in 4 left on average.

Compare that to Amazon, and it's about 1-2 in 100! 

Do bear in mind, that some people just leave it, till when they get around to it, so you may get feedback for something from weeks ago.  But it's not something that you should really be worrying about particularly, unless you are getting a lot of bad feedback.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

My last 30 days is 82 orders and 45 feedback.  I've been away on holiday for a week (shut for longer to cover the weekends) and some of the feedback is for orders prior to the last 30 days.  I think it varies by category, some buyers only feedback when there's an issue, some never feedback.

If its important to you, you could try adding a note to parcels and incentivise by saying buyers who leave feedback will get exclusive offers or similar.  Then periodically send coupons to buyers who've previously left feedback.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

eBay could help with this by sending a notification when feedback is received.

I leave feedback for buyers noting the day I posted the item so it helps me communicate without formally messaging the buyer. I doubt very many buyers who don't sell on their accounts actually see the feedback I leave, I mean why would the care to look if they can't receive a negative.  Every now and again though I get feedback received that says my communication was good so that will usually just be from the feedback I left for them when I posted the item. 

I wonder if many buyers realise that sellers check this. If I receive a matching offer from 2 buyers, 1 leaves feedback and 1 cba, I know who's offer I am accepting.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: