Trademarked brand purchase - transfer ownership

Hi,

If I purchase a trademarked brand that also sells on ebay can I transfer the eBay account to my limited company which has brought the Brand and carry on trading on it, its has +19000 feedback?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

eBay accounts are non transferable and can't be sold. It has to stay with the original owner and your own account opened with that name. 

It's mainly to do with customer trust. If someone gained 19k feedback, that's them, not you. So if accounts could be sold or transferred, the new owner of that account might get sales based on someone else's work to build that reputation, but not provide the same sort of service. 

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

@uka4labels wrote:

If I purchase a trademarked brand that also sells on ebay can I transfer the eBay account to my limited company

An eBay account cannot change ownership. The only time an eBay account changes stewardship is if it is owned by a registered company and the company comes under new ownership; i.e. the account will remain registered to the company (which is a legal entity). However, an eBay account cannot be transferred to another company or person.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

Regarding transferring this account - you have problems as it is, as you are running a business on a private account in violation of eBay rules and the law.

In the current climate this will be picked up and HMRC will then work back to access tax liability etc.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: