Tracked parcel marked delivered to Germany. Customer thinks the item may have been stolen.

I posted an item to Germany by Royal Mail tracked international delivery on the 5th of January. The item was large letter sized. The tracking indicates that the item was delivered on the 9th.  The items in the parcel were sold for £75. Tracking has not been uploaded to eBay.

On the 16th the customer stated that the parcel had not arrived. They checked with the local post office who said that the parcel had been delivered.

The customer says they have checked with the neighbours. According to the customer one of those neighbours told him that the parcel was not completely in the mail box. The customer now thinks that the parcel was stolen.

I am at a little bit of a loss. I have sent a complaint to Royal Mail asking for more information on the status of the parcel.

Does anyone have any advice? I need help considering my options.

Many thanks in advance.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Tracked parcel marked delivered to Germany. Customer thinks the item may have been stolen.

Hi @aquilagames 

You should add the tracking information to the transaction as soon as possible. In general you are covered once the tracking shows the item was delivered. This will be crucial if there is an item not received case opened. 

You can find everything you need to know here .

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: