Rip Off Charges and no views on Account Downgrade. Sales are dead.

Hi all.

Just been downgraded as a seller as i had 13 cancellations in a 12 month period taking me to 2.54% so as i need to be down to 2% there is not much chance of me escaping the Ebay punishment bandwagon.  My fees are now ridiculous and just to add salt into the wound the items i am listing are not hardly getting any views. Something stinks here and this Cassini *bleep* reminds me of the Post Office stink that is going on. I have had 1 negative in 3 years. I sell watches and what i do (or now did) was to cancel any that went faulty during the auction. Would Ebay rather i sell a dodgy watch to a seller knowing that i was going to get it back or would they like me to be an honest trader as i am and always have been. Something really stinks with their rules and i sincerely hope something arises soon that comes up and bites them in the *bleep*. They are ruining families lives with their *bleep* rules. I am one extremely *bleep* off seller, but what can i do. It seems to me that honesty in NOT the best policy. I shall now take that on board moving forward....

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

The thing here is, you say you cancelled watches that 'went faulty' during the auction. Watches can function for years without fault so either they weren't repaired or weren't checked properly. 

The fault does lay with you. You've advertised a fully working watch, which then stopped working and have cancelled the sale to not have an INAD return. 

Mistakes can happen but those sorts of mistakes are the sellers fault. Cancelling due to OOS is because the seller hasn't managed their stock properly. Cancelling because something no longer matches the listing description is also the sellers fault. Once or twice is unfortunate, 13 times in 12 months is a bit careless, to happen that often, they should have just been listed as spare parts or for repair. 

With that being said, eBay's margin for seller error is low but the line has to be drawn somewhere. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

👍

Sent from my iPhone
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Unfortunately you have no idea what you are talking about. Are you sure you are a helper and not a **. Read the article 👍

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

If you are listing items then cancelling due to them being not as described then that is on you and not ebay. It is up to you to check and double check your items. If a recurring problem like issues you have mentioned then would be advisable to double check each item before listing. Yes the whole punishment for everything is a horrible system to work under.

If you are close to the 2% then it would of probable been better to provide poor customer service and get a not as described return to save one defect rate and take a hit on another. ebay does not make sense at times but it is what it is and sometimes you have to do what is best for your business. 

The only way out of it is to try appeal some of the latest ones or find a loss leader that you can sell cheap maybe at a lose to get your sales up and metric down.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: