Restricted Item Seller - Applications ignored

I would like to become a restricted item seller (adult toys) but i've applied 3 times. 

Each time it says someone will get back to me, but nobody ever does. 

I can handle them saying no to me (I won't like it , but fine at least I have an answer) but why do they just ignore me? Why is it OK for some businesses to sell these items, but not mine ? 

I am a UK LTD company, with insurance, that has been trading since 2017 and using eBay since 2018. 

But eBay just ignores me when I apply ? why ? 

What magic hoops does one have to jump through in order to be one of the thousands of adult item sellers?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have another Ebay Business account because the one you are posting on is private? 

Private accounts are for members who are selling their own items and not ones made for a fettish market.

I do believe you have to be an approved business account to be selling the type of items you currently are on this private account.   If reported then Ebay may well remove them and give you a damaging black mark against your account.

So far as getting a definitive answer from Ebay  i think all you can do is keep on at them.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi

Yes I have a registered business account (thundervolt_ltd). 

The account is in good standing, and has multiple feedbacks (all positive). 

I applied, it said someone will contact you within 3 weeks, nobody did. 

I checked spam etc, nothing. I tried multiple times and each time it says thanks for applying but nobody ever gets back to me. I would really appreciate either a yes or no from them rather than silence. 

I want to sell toys on the business account (as far as I understand it, the clothing im selling on my private account doesn't count as restricted)

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

If its been over 3weeks Id suggest calling Ebay and ask if they have your application or if there is a backlog or problem perhaps

eBay Customer Service

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks.

I'll try getting in touch with customer service. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: