Pending removal of direct Packlink option, nightmare bank transactions

With the up coming removal of the direct Packlink button, now called "legacy" I have used the new method of selecting couriers. 

Previously all my Packlink transaction were paid through my Paypal account, allowing me to run a report at the end of the month, to be able to enter one transaction for postage into my accounting software. Easy Peesy!!

Since using the "new" direct system, all payments for the parcels are now being charged to my bank account for each individual transaction. This is despite it saying "We'll deduct the amount of this transaction from your funds. Any balance due will be charged to your MASTER_CARD" 

I assumed that "funds" refers to the amount of money in the eBay account from sales, not a bank account. 

As already mentioned, I now have individual bank transactions that now need to be accounted for in my accounting software program. If I have a good day on eBay, that may well be quite a lot of time spent entering all these transactions. 

There is no option, to select Paypal or to charge the postage costs to a card.

What is everyone else doing? aparting from spending most of their life entering postage transactions in accounting software.

Royal Mail transactions are still charged direct to a Paypal account, so no issue there. But why is there no Paypal option for other couier services?

I have had an online chat, explaining the situation and got no where, even to the point of the representative, stating "Can you just click on " select a different payment method."and see if paypal payment method is there?" when I had just spent five miuntes explaining that there is no Paypal option.

Another eBay "this is working great, lets break it!" situation.

Any help / suggestions greatfully received.

marco@ebay, dave@ebay, katie@ebay

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

I have been overiding this, while I can still do it, and choosing the old way. I have messaged Packlink to see if we can still pay a lump sum for postage and get monthly invoices but not heard back from them. Is this not going to be possible with the new system? It will be a nightmare if each transaction is deducted at a time.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Yes, currently I am doing the same, but thought I would give the "new" system ago. Imagine my joy when the list of individual bank transactions came up for each postal transaction.

As eBay no longer issue invoices of any description, there is nothing to enter into my accounts to go with these transactions. I have just entered them all under "eBay postage" and hope at the end of the year my accountant does not want some hard proof, as there isn't any. 

From what I can see, Packlink do not issue invoices when the new method is used. When logging onto my Packlink account, there is no evidence of the transaction. There is also no email confirmation from Packlink for the transaction.

The gentleman on the "Chat" indicated that Packlink would issue an invoice at the end of the month, but I very much doubt it.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

This doesn't sound good if they are not going to send a monthly invoice. I only put the total of the postage invoices in my accounts and don't print them off and this is accepted by my accountant. The proof is there if they need it.

With the new system, if you choose the QR code, do you still get  a choice to use the 5 digit alpha numeric number ? I use this to send the parcels at the PO as I dont want a phone full of QR's.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Aw man, I hadn't even thought about it. Figured they came out of funds so no worries. Just checked my bank and there are millions of single payment packlink transactions on there. Amazing! What a mess. Guess I've come to expect this by now. Sigh. Better check they don't come out of funds as well.....

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

To be honest I have not used the QR codes.

The Royal Mail transactions are still going to Paypal, it is only the courier (EVRI, UPS, DHL. Yodel etc) that are being charged to the bank account.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

I thought exactly the same. 

When I spoke to eBay, the gentleman seemed to have no idea about it. He said "can't you just changed the payment option". (If only life was that easy)

Even after sending the screen shots regarding taking from fees., the reply was

"Due to some security reasons with packlink , for the welfare sellers , eBay decided to remove the packlink button, as many sellers preivously complained that they want pay with the bank account ." 

Really??? who are these "many sellers"? 

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi @padanpcparts  

As an active poster on the weekly chat, would you be willing to ask about this new system this week? It seems to be a step backwards if we are having to pay for each parcel separately and a nightmare for accounting.

I am unable to unfortunately but would like to know how this is going to work. (I see that another poster was saying that they couldn't find how to increase the insurance value too) Many thanks.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

I think the insurance cover part is at the bottom of the page in the same place where you can tick the signed option. I will be honest, I have learnt over the years that if E-bay want to change something, they will do so regardless of how I feel about it. Smile, nod and get on with it is the order of the day for me. 

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

IMPORTANT NOTE: Looks as it from today payments are now being taken from available funds and not as single bank transactions. 

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: