No longer anyway to call or get a call back from ebay?

Noticed that no matter what option I select in the Contact Us section I can no longer "speak" to ebay

The option to:-

get a callback

call eBay

or even speak via online chat, have gone and the only option is the "automated assistant"

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I am totally at my wit's end with eBay!

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

I am the same mate. Sick to deaf trying to find it. Guess we do not matter any more

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Yeah, they have taken anyway to contact them directly off the site now, they know this site is completely broken obviously! Like you say they no longer care.

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi

Try this link www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

I just played with it and clicked online chat.   The bot came up to the left and i just typed in Live chat.

It then said thanks someone will be with you in about 1 minute.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

great stuff thanks, power to the people lol!

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Are your issues something that you can ask for advice about on the boards?

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

I've just noticed this as eBay have effectively refunded a buyer where I had tracking and thus they have stolen money from me 

I'm thinking seriously about not selling on here anymore. If you can't speak to anyone what chance do you have 

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

The link above works (bookmark it!) but it shouldn't have to be this hard to find a way to contact them. I spoke to a lovely girl in Ireland and talked about this situation, but as always they declined to comment. 
I think they all know the situation as well, to be honest.

As for the guy above asking if he can help. These forums are kind of fruitless for the issue I have as everyone on here has their own "theories" about the selling issues, though thanks anyway.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

There is another straightforward link - not going to put it up because it might be taken down, but I found it on the discussions boards so do a search, its there!

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

If I want a call back I always use the online automated chat box and from there I type that I am requesting a call back. Worked for me today when I wanted to speak to a rep and has previouly worked many times before.

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Ebay prefer automated problem fixes if possible.

A computer in the long run is cheaper than paying staff every month.

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

I always do it that way, too.  I did it on 29th September, so the option is still there.  

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Yes I had the same problem earlier today.

I eventually got there although it was a complete waste of my time.

CS rep in the Far East couldn't answer any of my questions and had zero answers for me, so I told them I can see that I am wasting my time, you can not help me or answer any of my questions so I am ending the call.

This is what we've come to on eBay, untrained staff who haven't a clue. I've probably been on eBay longer than they've been alive and it's become a total waste of time.

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

I used this and felt that I'd got somewhere.   The agent promised to remove feedback and gave me an assurance that this would be done within 48 hours. When nothing happened I got back in touch with the same link only to be told that this decision cannot be made unless I do this through the automated seller help. Basically after a lot of arguing I was cut off abruptly by the CS rep and of course when I tried to use seller help or shall I say seller unhelpful I was told that this feedback would not be removed

so they will promise you the earth just to get rid of you and then do absolutely nothing. I can't speak to a real person as whenever I ask for a call back the call doesn't come through.  I've checked my phone setting and there's no block so again I'm assuming that this is another tactic to avoid dealing with any issue 

the annoying script thanking me for my loyalty quite honestly means absolutely nothing 

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

I'd love to know by how much ebay has had to increase it's CS staff since I have been on this platform.

From the days when they just let sellers get on with it, and eBay just sat in the background like a responsible adult, stepping-in to make sure fair play was observed when needed.

Then fast forward to now, where eBay have taken it upon themselves to control every single aspect of a sale.

I bet we are talking a several thousand fold increase in CS staff due to their constant meddling.

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

I too am strugling with a problem that isnt on the automated assisstants list so i have no hope of ever getting sorted...keep going in circles 

Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Hi, If you click on this link there is an option for ebay to call you 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

EBAY NOW BLOCKING EVERYONE FROM DIRECT COMPLAINING.. THIS IS A BREACH OF YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015 SALE OF GOODS ACT.. RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.. 

AND THEY KNOW IT... 0800 358 6551..IS... 150 MINUTES WAIT AND STILL NO ONE ANSWERS.. EBAY ARE NOW ALLOWING FRAUD AND FRAUDSTERS TO OPERATE ON EBAY ON GRAND SCALE.. 

I HAVE STARTED LEGAL ACTION AGAINST EBAY... THROUGH TRADING STANDARDS 

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Screenshot_20240404_121230_com.android.chrome.jpg

 go to call back option. Read down till you find this person click on highlighted link.. It 100% works i use it all time now.. 

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

It's absolutely disgusting and so frustrating. How can they run a business like this.

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: