Negative feedback

I have just received unfair negative feedback from a buyer.  I checked to see what feedback they had left for other sellers and was shocked to see that in the past month they had left 27 negative feedback and 1 positive.  How is this allowed.  I have reported to eBay.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Negative feedback

You may get someone helpful at ebay, it's luck of the draw.

Our recent negative was because ebay charged for a return label for a 'change of mind', they actually said they couldn't fault our communication. But ebay still wouldn't remove it.

ebay is going down hill again

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

Hope eBay can help. Thanks for your reply.
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

I have three neutral feedback left due to late delivery.    eBay say that they will removed bad feedback due to issues outside the sellers control, so contacted eBay.    Apparently it's the buyers opinion, so not removable.    Good luck getting it removed. 

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

jow1995
Conversationalist

The serial negative feedback givers have been a problem for years, had it myself and ebay do very little. If you are lucky and speak to the right agent may get removed .

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

Thanks for your reply.  It seems so unfair,  but I've blocked them now and hope

I don't come across any more of these strange characters.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

you cannot advise members to break eBay rules on the boards.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

eBay are now unlikely to remove negative feedback unless the seller has a money back guarantee case decided in their favour and/or the feedback contains offensive language. In the latter case eBay might simply remove the comment but not the rating itself. This is due to new legislation that will be enacted later this year that incorporates rules governing things like online reviews, ratings and endorsements.

Part of the intention of the DMCCB is to prevent businesses having justified negative online reviews removed in order to boost their overall review score; thus leaving a false impression to consumers of the overall customer satisfaction rating of the business. Any company found to be engaged in such practices could be fined 10% of their global turnover - something eBay is definitely not going to risk! So expect eBay to over-comply and state most negative feedback is "the buyer's opinion" and therefore unremovable.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Negative feedback

I have come across this too. I sold some cups which were damged in the post. The negative feedback was written very quickly. I was told by ebay they cannot remove it any more it has to be the buyer ( or whoever wrote it). 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: