My bidder for a item of 9ct gold jewelry thinks i am a scammer

I have tried to sell an item of jewellery for a set price and my latest bidder has suggested that I am a scammer can I take evasive action please

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

A bidder on a fixed price listing?

That's not possible.

Please provide more details.

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Where have they said this? If it is in ebay messages, do not reply, report the message to ebay by scrolling down to the report button.

Then add their ID to your blocked list here Blocked Bidders

Scroll down again and tick the box to prevent blocked bidders from messaging you.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

People use "bidder" "buyer" "customer" "looker" interchangeably. The OP is talking about a Fixed Price with Offers. Most of the precious metal on eBay is sold for melting down and the bidders just want to pay today's scrap price if they can and get annoyed if an eBay seller wants anything like what a High Street jeweller would ask.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

Your photos are exceptionally poor, you haven't shown a photo of the hallmark and you are not accepting returns, so basically you are offering something very vague, in an unverifed precious metal, for a fair amount of money.

Certainly not a scammer though, if I was closer I'd have made an offer on it.  I suspect anyone who buys it will be rather pleased, price of gold today!  

Evasive action? Block the person making the accusations, take some decent photos, photograph the hallmarks, get it weight and list the weight.  

And check the gold price!

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

As suggested you really do need to revise your pictures as to me i am not even sure if the chain is hollow or indeed solid.  I find that with jewellery the best pictures are taken in natural daylight.

Buyers also really need to know the weight of the chain.

I would consider buying the chain if properly listed with clear photos  but not the way it is at the minute 😞

Hope you take the above as constructive advice.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

I was tempted 😁  Prob an hour or so from us and we have relatives in that area.

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

Also you need a much clearer picture of the item on the tape measure.     To me that chain looks more like 5mm than 3.    

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

This is how to block your bidder from buying from you.

Add them to your eBay blocked bidder list.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

If the buyer has not actually bought it yet then block them.

If they have bought it you have more of a problem.  Did they pay and have you sent it?

If they are not happy with it and want to return they would probably open a not as described case in which case you have to send a postage label and accept the return. Do not refund until you have it back. 

If you have not yet sent it but they have paid, ask them if they want to cancel.

If they have not paid and more than 4 days has passed cancel it without their permission choosing buyer did not pay. That blocks them leaving feedback.

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

As others have said, if a potential buyer is making your hairs stand on end, go with your gut, avoid the hassle and block them.

If you feel like redoing any photos maybe try natural light on a white windowcil - or on a piece of white paper on a window cil.

To improve focus on the chain, work out your cameras focal range - probably 20cm minimum if using a mobile, get a sturdy box/ stack of books of at least that height and prop your camera/ mobile on them to have a really steady and sharper shot.  Click focus on the element you want sharp, like the hallmark and clasp.

Check that the hallmark listed as a UK hallmark, is a UK hallmark - assayed at one of the UK assay offices (so anchor, castle, lion or rose stamp alongside the metal fineness).  Most made in Italy chains I come accross are supplied hallmarked, with Italian hallmarks - now perfectly legitimate to sell in the UK.

Weight always goes down well on gold listings if you've got any scales that go down to grams.  

Have you considered adding special delivery postage as an option - might speed up the sale and you could set as buyer pays.  

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

The listing is currently still live and is collection only....no postage option.

The OP should try and get cash on collection too for obvious reasons.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

There is also a sold one, I am not sure which the OP is referring to.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Oops i didnt see the sold one.   To me that looks like the same chain.  I wish the OP would come back and respond so we can ask then and try and advise them about listings.    The sold one again has bad pictures and just an uninformative Ai description 😞

Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: