Multi variation listing advice please

I have some ribbon listed with 38 variations for the colours.    However, I want to add the option to purchase by various lengths.   Can anyone please advise on how to do this.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to set up two variations - one for colour and one for length.  You're only allowed 250 permutations, so if you've 38 colours you will only be able to set up six lengths.

It's a bit of a pain to manage because you will have to enter a quantity for each colour/length and then keep a watchful eye on the stock level.

I have a listing with 80 colours and three weights in each colour.  Fortunately, because I have a lot of stock, I just periodically refresh the stock level for the whole lot with a 'select all'.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

You have to set up two variations - one for colour and one for length.  You're only allowed 250 permutations, so if you've 38 colours you will only be able to set up six lengths.

It's a bit of a pain to manage because you will have to enter a quantity for each colour/length and then keep a watchful eye on the stock level.

I have a listing with 80 colours and three weights in each colour.  Fortunately, because I have a lot of stock, I just periodically refresh the stock level for the whole lot with a 'select all'.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thanks for that.     Sounds like a day's work.     Thought that might be the answer, but was hoping there would be an easier way.  

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

If the price of a length is the same for each of the colours, you can speed the job up if you use the check boxes to the left of the variation.

Sort the table by length, then tick the check box for all the first length variations on the list e.g. all the '1 Metre' lengths.  Enter the Quantity in the box at the top of the list and Save, then do the same for Price and SKU (if you use SKU).  Cut and paste 'Does Not Apply' in all the EAN boxes.  Repeat for all the other lengths.

It didn't take me long to do all my 80 colours in three weights.  What I found tedious was inputting the images because the image box doesn't move down in line with the colour selected and I had to keep scrolling up.  Yet another example of poor UI design.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: