Marking an item as paid in error

This morning I was sending out a payment reminder to a buyer but accidentally marked it as paid. I'm sure that you used to be able to reverse that but it seems not. So I decided to contact CS via chat. 45 minutes later and being passed round to 3 agents who all needed 2-3 minutes to read the chat. Of course more like 10 minutes and each time frustratingly having the agent check I was still online and thanking me for my patience, which was rapidly running out, I was told that it was impossible to mark it as unpaid 

the suggestion was to ask the buyer to request total from the basket.  The whole point is after 3 days they haven't paid so they are highly unlikely to do so. So now I have to cancel the order and use buyer asked to cancel. I have been assured😂 that I will not be penalised for it but that guarantee is about as useless as a chocolate teapot. I have had too many experiences of being promised things only to be told when it didn't happen that the agent was wrong to promise 

I can't see why something so simple means  "computer says no'  Just another frustration from the amazing service us dedicated sellers are promised 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Marking an item as paid in error

You are correct it used to be an option to unmark as paid but sadly no more.

I have asked about having this put back on and the eBay team have forwarded this request, but as with anything,  it's a wait and see if that happens.

Absolutely no idea why it was removed,  as this happens frequently, easy mistake to make especially on apps and mobile browsers.

So with your current dilemma the only thing you can do,  is to first ask your buyer to mark as unpaid from their end,  if not obliging,  then to cancel the order.

If any charges, defects follow,   you'd have to contact CS again and explain the item was never paid for in the first place.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent