Item Condition Not Showing on App but is on Desktop Site?

Hi,

I have had complaints about two brochures I sold recently, both of which had defects and the defects were clearly stated in the "Condition" section of the listing. Both buyers claimed they didn't see the "Condition" section and sent me screenshots showing the listings they had bought. I decided to investigate and was surprised to see that the "Condition" section does not appear anywhere in the listing on the ebay app, but it is clearly visible on the desktop site, which I always use for listing.

Does this mean that buyers don't know the condition of the item before buying or am I doing something wrong?

See attached screenshot of the desktop listing.

Capture 2.JPG

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

The condition notes are on the eBay app in the "about this item" area but are hidden in the pop up info box accessed by the > .

Screenshot_2023-12-06-09-28-14-605~3.jpeg

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Just more evidence (if any were needed) that the App isn't really fit for purpose. The fact that important details are hidden leaves the seller open to having to deal with an INAD case if the buyer doesn't know that they need to click on something to see what could be fairly important information about the actual condition.

Two suggestions:

1. Add a line in your descriptions to say "if you're looking at this on the App please click on the > after About this item to see the full condition description" or

2. Add any condition description you include in the IS in the actual description. Not all buyers read the IS and even if they do adding the condition description in the actual description isn't going to make much difference.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for your replies, very useful. I didn't know that the information is there but hidden in a pop up box and I suspect most buyers don't either, so I will bulk edit my listings to include the line about viewing on the app.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

i agree your not the only seller struggling with buyers who dont look or cant find item description /condition ..the result dissapointed buyers because they didnt see the all important description for item they were buying because ebays got lines and lines of other promoted items first . CRAZY

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: