I am not getting any views and sales on my products

I am not getting any views and sales on my products looking for guidance from someone expert please.

Message 1 of 18
See Most Recent
17 REPLIES 17

You asked this question earlier on today, so I can recommend and repeat only  what one member told you,  that is,  to remove that long stream of return conditions you have on your listing,  as it's very off putting, and very incorrect too.

You state on your listing you have a 30 day Return,  then in your long list of conditions state it's a 14 day return.

It's incorrect to say you will only repay the buyer the item price,  you do have to refund fully everything the buyer initially paid.

Buyer's pay for that return postage,  for a change of mind reason or does not fit reason, but if a case of item not as described is open you do have yo pay for that fully tracked return postage.

Those are the rules,  your conditions are diffeent and do not comply,  remove that long list and you may, just may,  receive more sales.

Message 2 of 18
See Most Recent

Thank you for help.
Is there anything about my listing do i need to improve my listing also?

Message 3 of 18
See Most Recent

Scroll back through the business seller forum and you will find many threads like yours.  

Try this thread on improving things, its long but worth a read, there are things you can and need to do to improve visability

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Share-your-tips-for-increasing-sales/td-p/7508...

If you dont fancy the above, suggest reading Ebays News section and Ebays Business Youtube channels for current best practices, 

Change wont happen over night, requires work but things can improve.

Good luck

Message 4 of 18
See Most Recent

To be fair it's hardly any stand out stuff. Generic unknown/unbranded goods that people could just pick up at the likes of Primark and many many many other places. 

Plus you don't even really say what stuff is made of. Look at those sweatshirts.... A 2 pack for £9.99. no materials in the listing (polyester I would imagine), no measurmenets like pit to pit. 

It's not that in demand but anyway, at this time of year clothing sales almost always take a dip anyway. The first day of no sales today for us for a few months

Message 5 of 18
See Most Recent

im not normally one to critizise other peoples listings but if you want some pointers you need to first sort out your listing pictures,

example, you use the same picture for " 2 PACK LADIES SWEATSHIRT CREW NECK PULLOVER WOMEN CASUAL LONG SLEEVE SWEATSHIRTS £8.99"

also same picture for " 2 PACK MENS PLAIN SWEATSHIRT JUMPER JERSEY SWEATER PULLOVER WORK CASUEL TOP £9.99

looking at the variations they all look the same type of jumper, just different colours for womens & men so i would presume these are just universal jumpers catagorised in 2 genders. 

im not even sure if they are the same as the listing photos?

just this alone would make me think you are untrusted as a seller and i would not buy from you.

Message 6 of 18
See Most Recent

Your terms and conditions are irrelevant.

Sales on ebay have to follow UK distance selling laws.

This give a lot of rights to the buyer.

Message 7 of 18
See Most Recent

Hi, I don't consider myself an expert but ive been using ebay for 20+ years as both a buyer and a seller so here's what I think having looked at a couple of your listings.

Your prices are competitive so no problem there but.. being a new seller with not a lot of feedback you might wanna sell a bit cheaper than the competition for a while.

Buyers love large feedback figures (in the thousands). Even if its not 100% positive. It gives a sense of security. I know this may mean working for nothing for a few weeks, even months but if you are here to stay then that shouldn't be an issue. Its just good business practice. Reputation is everything. Maybe just try selling certain lines lower than the competition and see how that goes. 

The other thing is the postage. If you are a business, free post is pretty much expected.

Some buyers narrow thier search to exclude listings that charge postage.

Incorporate the post into your Buy it Now price.

Anyway, thats my tuppence worth, hope it helps.

One last thing, look for other platforms to sell on because the costs of selling on ebay is very high ( and going up again soon with another fee being added) compared to how it used to be and there are others which do have a good customer base but im sure eBay would delete my reply if I suggest any.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 18
See Most Recent

can you contact me on other social platform like facebook or whatsapp instagran anything I would appreciate your guidance if you can teach me some

Message 9 of 18
See Most Recent

Your listings feel to me like you are  misleading the buyer and I wouldn't buy from you for that reason.   You have multiple listings with different prices for colours and sizes  but the lowest price item is only available in a xxxxxxxs!!  

Message 10 of 18
See Most Recent

Contacting you any other way is also controlled tightly be eBay.

If you attempted to send any contact info through ebay so we could chat elsewhere they will warn you not to and threaten various account restrictions.

Basically its not allowed ever and you would be sent to the naughty step.

They love excercsing thier control over sellers and how we run 'our' businesses.

As for guidance or advice, I have only one piece of advice... Stop selling on ebay.

Unless you are a very large company that can ignore thier copnstantly increasing fees.

Small business is being pushed out and ripped off by eBay and its not likely to stop. Try other platforms and open your own website - its worth the investment.

There are plenty of choices out there who dont rip you off with extortionate fees. 

Message 11 of 18
See Most Recent

Addressing your two posts:

- I don't think reputation matters here as much as it used to, honestly.  I have a great reputation (20 years on ebay, 2k feedback, 100% positive, top rated seller) and even I can't attract buyers with rock bottom prices, even on auctions I get no bids.  Then you see newby sellers with less than 10 feedbacks getting lots of bids for worse stuff!  

- It is possible to run a small business here but only if you are buying your stock for literal pennies (at bootsales, charity shops, etc).  If you have "suppliers" that's a recipe for disaster. Unless you're a mega seller, you will go out of business fast.  The ladder was pulled up long ago.  

Message 12 of 18
See Most Recent

" if you are buying your stock for literal pennies"

Ebay now has millions of sellers selling for peanuts so if you want to compete prices have to be low or sell something where there is little or no competition.

There are some big sellers on ebay who can buy in a large quantity to sell on cheap.

Message 13 of 18
See Most Recent

@fashionallianceoutlet, as @*second_chance_saloon* has pointed out, your listings are deliberately gaming the system with lower prices for variations that don't exist. You have a low priced size option of XXXXS, or even smaller, at one price then all the sizes that actually exist at a higher price. Your listing descriptions state that the sizes range from S to 4XL or whatever, confirming that the mega small one doesn't exist and is just there to make the listing appear cheaper in search results than it actually is. It's really not a good look and must make potential buyers hit the back button when they realise. Also, what will you send if someone actually buys a pack of XXXXXS sleep shorts for example?

Message 14 of 18
See Most Recent

I rarely bother with multi listings.

1/ Lead in item is always 99p and isnt what you want.

2/ Same multi listing copied hundreds of times spamming results.

Message 15 of 18
See Most Recent

Ok, but its not me who wants advice so no need to address my 2 posts.

But thanks anyway.

Message 16 of 18
See Most Recent

@manchestercycles wrote:

Ok, but its not me who wants advice so no need to address my 2 posts.

But thanks anyway.

Just trying to help

Message 17 of 18
See Most Recent

You seem to have missed the point of the OP and chose to address my post instead. Clearly you must be one of them... instigating arguments unnecesarily. People used to call them trolls.

I never visit these forums as a rule becasue of people like that. I gave advice to the OP, thats it. Nothing more.

There is no need for someone to 'address my posts' when its the OP who asked for advice.

Nothing in my advice was wrong - it was just a subjective opinion based on my own experience which is exactly what the OP asked for.

. I see you have 'addressed my posts' on my other account too. Stick to the subject of the OP, thats what people want. Not arguments.

If you want to argue something maybe politics would suit you better. Im not here to provoke a reply so please dont. I will avoid these forums again for years due to your nature.

What a shame that people like you choose a users genuine request for help to start argument provocation, distracting from the orignal request for advice.

Anyway, I thank you for reminding me that trolls didnt go away from ebay help forums.

Enjoy your day.

Message 18 of 18
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: