Ebay unfair late delivery metrics

We use Evri as courier. They collect our parcels every weekdays at 2:30pm. They don't scan the parcels on collection. They take them to their depot/hub and scan them there. The times of the scans are all depends on them. Sometimes after midnight, sometimes next day. We ship them all in the same day. Recently we lost our top rated seller status. Upon checking our seller performance, I've noticed that late delivery rate was very high. I exported the details csv file and noticed that, altough we posted all in the same day, because of Evri scanned them later,  now we have too many defects. I spoke to eBay and customer service agent said that i should request defects to be removed one by one from the defects / feedback removal page. There are maybe more than 1500 defects like that. I tried one of them and it was refused. 

So eBay used to remove those defects for the parcels sent with Royal Mail standard service. Evri is doing the same with us. Hope someone can see this and offer a solution because in these hard times, this is making our business a lot worse.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Assuming you're not buying the shipping via eBay the simple answer is not to upload tracking unless an INR case has been opened. If a buyer asks for tracking send them a link to it in an eBay message - i.e. not by using the "add tracking" link in the sales record.

You automatically receive a "late dispatch" blob if the first scan in the tracking is after your stated dispatch time. My larger items are sent via a haulage network; the first "scan" in the tracking is often one or two working days after the item was collected. By not uploading tracking I avoid the automatic late dispatch blobs and have therefore managed to preserve my TRS status. 

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

I assume you are buying labels via ebay platform and the packlink option, which automatically updates the tracking number ?

The service metrics  for INAD  or late delivery  as explained to me, is automatically generated and found via your performance tab.

In your case, when you despatch or consignments gets scanned does not appear to be the issue as you desribed late deliveries is the reason for  service metric defect, yet the actual delivery date and times again is all automatically updated and should be accurate, so does that mean Evri have let you down, or is there a error in the data / reporting, even with allowances for " estimated " dates as they are not guranteed dates by ebay  ? Perhaps Evri are not scanning / reporting deliveries have been made at all ?

As for service metric removals, I have conflicting answers  regarding removal, often stating the premise that service metrics can not be corrected at all, no matter what error  can be found, as it is " only " recording all INAD and late deliveries for all sellers ( with consequences of course ) .   

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

@remotes-master wrote:

The service metrics  for INAD  or late delivery  as explained to me, is automatically generated and found via your performance tab.

In your case, when you despatch or consignments gets scanned does not appear to be the issue as you desribed late deliveries is the reason for  service metric defect

The OP isn't referring to service metrics; they are a separate stick entirely. The OP is referring to seller performance which has a late delivery rate report - that report has blobs for items not dispatched on time.

I could be wrong but the OP's daily collections at a specific time suggest they have an account with Evri or are otherwise buying their shipping from Evri directly.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Yes,  you are right, seperate stick,  my mistake.

I wish these reports / measures were in one place, they all have consequences,  so at a glance you can see exactly what is going on. 

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Are you purchasing your shipping via eBay or directly from Evri?

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

We have an account with Evri and using a third party software to ship the orders. I asked them if it would be possible to disable uploading the tracking numbers automatically and they said no. Unless ebay fix this, I guess it will be dream for us to become a top rated seller with Evri.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Is there no way to help the driver scan all items at pick up, I know my Evri driver has the scanner, but it may be a different contract for you.  It's the old game of , we don't do it that way......

Good luck.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Ebay's“Seller Help” portal for removing defects is useless. I have all of my late delivery defcts been rejected when appealing through that posrtal. There even is no option to upload a proof like proof of postage.

I have proof of postage certificates for my parcels to evidence that I have posted my atems according to the rules.

I'm using this link https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=UKeBP to upload proof of postage certificates. Sometimes have to do it multiple times because get responses in the lines of (eventually they will be removed): 

"Hello, Thank you for contacting eBay about the late shipment defect you have received for ... . I appreciate you for sharing all the details and understand you did your part by sending the item while courier missed delivering it on time. I am happy to assist you with this.

I have checked all the details and to get your issue resolved faster I would like to tell you about seller help. I am not sure if you are aware, but we have recently made some changes to how we support our sellers to make processes like appealing a defect or feedback more efficient for you. All feedback or defect appeals are now submitted through the “Seller Help” portal so that they are directed to the correct team, who will review your appeal and ensure they come back to you with a decision within a maximum of 8 hours. I have provided you with a link below that explains how it works and where to find it on your account:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling-tools/seller-help?id=4996&st=3&pos=1&query=Seller%20Help...

I would ask that you please submit any defect appeals through Seller Help to ensure you get the most efficient response.

I trust I have provided you with clear guidance on how to submit an appeal. Thank you for being a valuable member of eBay!"

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

ebay should extend the delivery time if you sell on amazon you can set your delivery time up to 21 days ebay should do the same with the late deliverys on ebay .we are fighting a loosing battle you cant win .its a joke 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

If eBay can count something, they will spend a lot of effort in working out how to use it to punish sellers.

Does anyone remember when they realised they could count the number of messages received and replied to?

They decided that not replying to all messages would be considered bad seller performance (leading to an endless series of "Thank you for sending this item so promptly."  "Not at all.  Thank you for buying it."  "You're very welcome".  "No, you're the one who's welcome."  "Why are you bombarding me with messages?"  "Because eBay will punish me if I don't."  "Well, stop it, I don't like it."  "Tough, I want to keep my Top Rated Status, so I reply to every message."...

Then they decided that just receiving messages was proof of poor performance, because "happy buyers don't send messages".  

So if you got a message from a buyer saying "Thank you, it was beautifully packed, I'm thrilled to find this lovely item, I've wanted one for years", or "What a gorgeous item.  My sisters all want their own now.  Please let me know if you make any more, and I'll buy them as soon as you list them," - well, it counted as poor performance.

Because they'd asked their big sellers at the time (department stores, most of them), and were told that customer messages always mean complaints or inadequate descriptions.  Which isn't always the case.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

ITV HAs not got ANYTHINK TO DO WITH THE SCANNING. ITS ROYAl mail are not delivering on time i have sent out large second class letters posted on the 31st jan got delivered the 19th feb is that fair why do ebay not take ity on board its a joke the saeller gets screwed i have again lost my top rated level because of the royal mail delivering late why should the seller suffer for this 

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: