Coupon not working

Hi, 

I have been trying to redeem the coupon MERRY15 with a purchase on a seller that accept this coupon. 

It won't work. At checkout the system says 'this voucher/ coupon can't be applied'.

Does anyone know what is the mistery here?

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Coupon not working

Did you make an offer and the seller accept the offer?

Frequently the coupons can only be used on buy-it-now full price.

Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

I haven't tried the 'buy it now' opt...
I thought that would work with the 'add to basket'
then 'checkout'
then 'add voucher/coupon'

What do you think?

Thanks for replying
Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Is the item price £15 or above? That's the minimum spend for that offer.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hello there

Cost is def above 15£
And seller def accept the coupon promotion

Here is the link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266436957863?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7H1-7RxaT8i&s...
Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

That's a weird one. I can see the coupon on the listing so, as you say, it should work. katie@ebay marco@ebay anita@ebay  is one of you able to look into this please?

Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

It works fine

Just press buy it now

And the coupon appears

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Just to clarify - to try things out like this - you can always just press 'buy it now' and see what happens - you're never charged / taken seriously until you use your payment method and click again. If you're not happy just reverse out, no harm done.

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Good job I reversed out... it seems to be the last pair... best get ya skates on 🙂

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hi @jackgotg, thanks for your post.

This offer is open to users registered on eBay.co.uk with a UK address, who must be UK residents. The shipping address must also be a UK address. Please see all T&Cs here.

While most criteria is met, registration site is different than UK, therefore coupon cannot be applied at the checkout.

@rainbowtrax, thanks for tagging.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

As of today it looks like coupons where applicable are being automatically added at checkout. So in all but name it is a 10% sale....sure there is something about UK law here that matters......

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

It isn't automatically adding any codes for me. Just added a Sonos speaker to my basket and there was no discount until I manually added the code.

Pretty sure there's no law that says a company can't automatically apply a publicly-available discount code if they want to anyway, to be honest.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Isn't it just a sale then? Your probably right. Wierd it was doing it for me. 

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hi @anita@ebay , @rainbowtrax ,

I'm having a similar problem. In my case, I'm UK resident with UK shipping and PayPal, but my eBay account was made originally years ago on the US site. Is there any way to transfer my registration site? I have moved permanently to the UK over 10 years ago.

Thanks

AlanTT

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hi @alantt,

The registration site is determined by the site you were logged in at the time of registration, and I'm afraid cannot be changed. You may use it by logging into www.ebay.co.uk directly, however if you wish your registration site to be UK, you will need to register a new account on ebay.co.uk site.

Thanks,

Anita

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hi all
I tried all the options including changing all the settings but no
solution. My original account was created long time ago in Italy even
though I relocated myself in UK around 8yrs ago.
I finally managed to purchase and use the coupon via somebody else account
(originated in UK).
Hope this helps.
Take care
Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

Hi @jackgotg, thanks for your reply.

Glad to hear you managed to use the offer.

As per T&Cs this offer was open to users registered on eBay.co.uk. If your account was registered on ebay.it site, changing the address on the account to UK won't change the registration site. The registration site is determined by the site you were logged in at the time of registration. You would need to create a new account by logging into ebay.co.uk site to have a registration site UK, in order to avail of similar offers in the future.

Thanks,

Anita

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

I'm having a similar issue with the LEAP20 code. Trying to order one of these items (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225960642328) and it comes up with The code can't be applied to this order. Any help much appreciated!  katie@ebay marco@ebay anita@ebay

eljimbobinho_0-1709156053953.png

Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2024/leap20/

I don't see that seller on the above list ?

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Coupon not working

That could be the issue, then. Strange that when you're searching for products in the 20% off offer, those two items are in the list as per the picture I attached. Yet the seller is not in the list of people participating in the offer.

Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: