Grow your business with the Pro-Trader Programme

So I got my 'exculsive' invite to the Pro Trader Programme, guess what no slots available.  Typical of eBay.  Mind no doubt it wiould have been full of patronising 'board room speel' talling me to change my photos, change my descriptions, change my titles - GIVE EBAY MORE ADVERTISING Fees etc etc.  Funny all my listings were perfectly fine last year and the year before etc.. only eBay has changed to make them not as good this year.

Anyway back ot the topic is the PTP any good?

Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

I got a lot out of it but I guess it depends on how open to new ideas you are 😛

Message 2 of 32
See Most Recent

@sheba-knows-best wrote:

I got a lot out of it but I guess it depends on how open to new ideas you are 😛

Open to any sensible ideas which work (and can be proved to work), always have been.  However patronising piffle no thanks.

Message 3 of 32
See Most Recent

Hi @goingfishing 

The booking system is mostly automated so they advisers don't see when sellers are unable book a slot, they would just have their calender blocked with bookings.  

I reached out to the team and one of them will contact you ASAP. 

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 32
See Most Recent

As a private seller I wasn't expecting an invite.

So as an unbiased observer I just wonder, if I was a business seller would I take business advice from a business that for the last few years has consistently lost buyers, sellers and market share?

Probably just as important, a business which has a track record of giving advice that usually profits ebay more than it's any help to sellers.

Message 5 of 32
See Most Recent

Hello Dave, I also received an invite and am unable to book a slot. Very keen to get started if possible. Could you possibly someone from the pro trader team to contact me.

Thanks in advance 

Message 6 of 32
See Most Recent

Hi @hls_products2009 ,

No problem, I'll reach out to them now.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 7 of 32
See Most Recent

Afgter being on the Pro Trader for a few months and actually finding it quite usefull I got the obligatory survey from E-bay asking how much I think the service is 'worth'. i.e., How much extra I would pay them for it. ALL the good will that they had built up supporting me as a seller this year was lost in the blink of an eye. 

Message 8 of 32
See Most Recent

You're not wrong.

We were on the Pro Trader program for a few months and recently received an invite to use it again but this time paid for at £250/month plus VAT. It's called Pro Trader Plus but the agenda looks identical. My guess is they are trying to make the scheme pay for itself.

They may be having trouble filling slots as I had a call yesterday asking why we hadn't joined.

Message 9 of 32
See Most Recent

£250 a month? Wait....£300! You have to be kidding me? That's insane! 

Message 10 of 32
See Most Recent

Even with the personal email as mentioned above I still can't sign up as no slots available..

Message 11 of 32
See Most Recent

We have been quoted "£500 per month"

CARP. The eBay Connection

Message 12 of 32
See Most Recent

I have to say I LOVED it, it made a huge difference and I never felt patronised. Yes the advice also makes more money for eBay but so long as I earn more why would I care? 

Message 13 of 32
See Most Recent

Well my first call on the Pro-Trader programme was yesterday between 1pm and 5pm.  I was amazed at how useful and indepth the information offered was and how helpful this will be going forward... OH WAIT A BIT!!!!

THEY NEVER KEPT THEIR APPOINTMENT - I WAITING IN FOUR HOURS FOR NOTHING.

Not very happy at all and in fact disgusted to be treated like this, no apologies email nothing... just wow.

Message 14 of 32
See Most Recent

Hi can you let me know how long one session lasts and if it is on camera what it looks like?thank you

Message 15 of 32
See Most Recent

@simax_direct_store wrote:

Hi can you let me know how long one session lasts and if it is on camera what it looks like?thank you

Mine was a phone call. Not on zoom. It last half an hour. If you let it happen, they will have a 30 minutes spiel running through topics they think you need - how to use ebay's tools basically. If you already know what he/she is telling you, I would interrupt and get the best you can out of your 30 minutes with questions you have prepared in advance. Not questions - in my opinion - regarding rants on these boards. They won't know the answers anyway. But genuine questions that you don't know the answer to, such as: if the brand is hardly known, is it better to put the brand in the first four keywords or at the end etc etc etc (whatever suits your product). You need to think in advance, what it is you don't know.

I agree - to some extent - with fishingguy. My counterpart only made 75% of her meetings with me probably 50/50 whether she warned me or not. She was also supposed to be available after my 12 sessions. Which she was not. Not once. To be fair, we were not a match made in heaven.  If I had to guess - she was young, in a first job or so, and not overly interested. That is the problem. If you have been on ebay 10+ years, chances are you may know more than them about many things. HOWEVER, they still have the keys to the kingdom and can waltz off and get you information. So my advice would be get your person onside, and even if they dont know much, set them tasks to go and find answers in the weeks between your sessions.

Message 16 of 32
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for your Quick reply i much appreciate it 

Message 17 of 32
See Most Recent

I have to say I LOVED it, it made a huge difference and I never felt patronised. Yes the advice also makes more money for eBay but so long as I earn more why would I care? 

well - did you make more money or not?

I can do without a how to use PPC promoted listings session

Message 18 of 32
See Most Recent

We were on the Pro Trader program for a few months and recently received an invite to use it again but this time paid for at £250/month plus VAT. It's called Pro Trader Plus but the agenda looks identical. My guess is they are trying to make the scheme pay for itself.

you have 55 feedback for last month - let me know if the £250 PM is worthwhile and if you increased sales

Message 19 of 32
See Most Recent

Hi guys,

I am in protrader program for almost 2 months. I have done everything asked and this was my worst week. Renewed photos listings etc used coupons, newsletters. Ebay once my sole income and now it has become part part part time job. My last scheduled meeting was 3 weeks ago and i did not receive any call. Last communication was on 15th nov . After that nothing has been scheduled. No replies to my e-mails.

My rep might be away or no longer working there I have no idea.

Any help? How can i get in touch with them.

Message 20 of 32
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: