Check the Fee's Charged - International Tax and Fee, and Promoted Listings Standard Fees

I know someone already posted about checking fee's but i am finding other problems regarding fee's charged.

International Selling

I have been charged a % on the tax the customer paid on the actual price of the item. So if the item was £7.94 and the customer paid £8.24 i have been charged fee's on the full £8.24? That doesnt seem right, that was a sale to a USA customer.

Also i sold an item to an Italian customer and i was charged an extra 8p because it was an international sale. I never saw that before. Is that new?

Promoted listings standard

Two weeks ago i sold three of the same item to three different customers over the same weekend and had not changed the promoted listing rate. The first two i was charged at the correct promoted listings %. The third one i was charged more, i was charged the recommended promotion rate of 16.4% at that time! It worked out to an overcharge of 43p plus vat on one item that was under £10.

I contacted Ebay Seller Support when i saw the mistake and they said they would investiage and get back to me within a week, Well the week has now passed and i am now alerting you all to check carefully what fee % you are being charged on your sales.

Especially check before you change promoted listing rates so that you can keep tabs on what the correct fee should have been at that time.

Since the promoted problem all had been ok until today with these international sales. I will have to speak to seller support again since the original problem wasn't resolved and now i have a new one. Check your fee's, i never used to bother as it was a hassle having to log in again, then windows opening new windows to get to the bottom line! (why is it so hard to see?). But it is not acceptable we are being over charged if we don't take the time to check. I have no idea how many times this has happened but i am on it now! 

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Check the Fee's Charged - International Tax and Fee, and Promoted Listings Standard Fees

International fees have been a thing more or less forever, even in the PayPal days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-business-sellers-activated-managed-pa...

And yes they charge the fee on any taxes. Different US states have different taxes. Might not seem fair, but it's there on the fees page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

International fees have been a thing more or less forever, even in the PayPal days.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-business-sellers-activated-managed-pa...

And yes they charge the fee on any taxes. Different US states have different taxes. Might not seem fair, but it's there on the fees page.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks @darth_baggins  that is really helpful and I will read through that link soon to attempt to understand it! 

Also i had a response from seller support regarding the promoted listings fee. Apparently if you lower your promoted listings rate and a seller clicked on the promoted listing up to 30 days prior to you lowering the rate then if they purchase in those 30 days the price % ad rate will still be charged at the higher rate. 

Admittedly i had only lowered the rate about 5 days prior to that sale, however how do we know the exact date of the inital click? We don't. So i will assume for now that is correct but will keep a close check on all the fee's  charged from now on.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Can you confirm that this is the current email address for this account?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thats an odd question to ask @charaka90  ? Why would you need an email address when you are able to talk on these community boards or via Ebay messages?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

@charaka90 wrote:

Can you confirm that this is the current email address for this account?

We can't do that as we are just other members like you. 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

yes its my new email
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: