Can't buy eBay branded packaging this month

As the title, can't buy eBay branded packaging this month.
Tried using BIN and also adding to the basket.

Tried on both accounts.
Doesn't work in any scenario...

Have the £8.91 item to buy, using a £10 voucher, enter the voucher code and it will not let you complete the transaction.

If you choose to add the premium £4.99 delivery, it will let you buy them but who is even going to do that.

So yeah, still failing in the requirement of the sale of goods act 1988, that they don't have anything for sale for £10, so you can use the whole voucher with loosing of the voucher value or adding additional money in order to use the full value of the voucher.

It also seems that it won't let you buy it at all, unless you pay for carriage!!

It also wants to charge the full £4.99 carriage, even though there is an unused and now proven to be unusable £1.09 remaining from the voucher...

dave@ebay 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

I just used my voucher without problem and without paying for postage 

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

Why would anyone buy branded packaging with  logos all over it advertising eBay. They should pay you!!

And, even if the packaging was  free, you would still have to pay carriage for the privilege!   

I drew the line many years ago (before mandatory charges for plastic bags) after having to pay for a bag with the supermarket's name emblazoned all over it.  Simple, turn the bag inside out - made my point, didn't gain me anything but I felt better having paid good money (well, 5p)  I didn't see why I should be marketing the company.

Suppose if the eBay packaging is such good value, given the voucher, you could mask out  the eBay name.   

Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

@brindsey wrote:

Why would anyone buy branded packaging with  logos all over it advertising eBay.

Do you sell on ebay or not?

Amazon uses Amazon boxes so that pepole think of Amazon when they need a new... whatever.  Ebay tries to get us to use ebay packaging so that people think of ebay when they need a pre-loved Jacques Vert outfit. They sure as hell aren't going to think of Brindsey Lane.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

It costs £3.50 or so (with free shipping) after the voucher to buy 25 boxes that would cost £20 + shipping elsewhere. I use them as a backup to my usual packaging, in case I run out.

Regards to the original topic, I managed to order mine this month without a problem. Didn't even have to stamp my feet and bring up the whole sale of goods act thing, either.

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

Sorry.

I don't think I've ever actually been offered a voucher - could it be because my turnover is too low?

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

Sorted - I don't have a Featured or Anchor eBay shop

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

I had a featured shop for 6 months or so and thought the boxes weren't too bad. The poly bags are ok except the sticky strips don't reach the ends.

I always found it strange that they don't match the eBay colours though. Pink boxes with eBay logo printed in 1 contrasting colour? Maybe the manufacturing cost would be higher but white boxes with the multicoloured eBay logo like we see on the site would have been my choice. I think USA sellers get those. 

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

I always use my voucher.  Yes it does annoy me that over the years the voucher only allows me to buy 3 tapes instead of 6 but there is a saying that you should never look a gift horse in the mouth. I'd rather use the voucher than not use it but it is personal choice 

In response to the OP. I was able to use it without a problem so I'm guessing it was a glitch 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

I think you have to spend over £ 10.00 to use the voucher ?

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

How are they allowed to sell packaging? Isn't it single-use plastics? Just goes to show what they think of their own policies! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/single-use-plastic-products-policy?... 

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

"Reusable and sustainable alternative products are allowed."

Their bags are 100% recyclable.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Is that what they mean by "reusable and sustainable"? I would have thought reusable means it's designed to  be used multiple times without recycling. Sustainable is even more ambiguous, because it could mean made from recycled materials, made from renewable materials, made using energy from renewable sources, recyclable, etc.

Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Thank you for all of the helpful comments.

Must have been a glitch as I tried to order them again today and it actually worked.

We will soon have a delivery of poor quality jiffy bags with the eBay branding arriving with us.

I used to be of the mind set that I am not using that garbage.

We didn't use the voucher for years and years and then had a change of mindset at the end of last year, that we are paying for them anyway through shop subscription. So may as well use the voucher, even if the quality of the product isn't that good.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 14 of 14
See Most Recent