Buyers Who Give High Amount Of Negative Feedback

I received my first negative feedback in a long time today.  It doesn't bother me too much and I don't see the need for removal. However I did look at the feedback that the buyer gives other sellers.

They give a large amount of negative feedback which to me seems wrong.  They must be a very unlucky buyer with the amount of problems that they get.  Do eBay track these type of buyers and do they get action taken against them for raising excessive negative feedback against sellers?

Message 1 of 27
See Most Recent
26 REPLIES 26

Sometimes when reading the feedback a buyer has left you can form the wrong opinion, not saying you have, just saying it is posible.

The reason I am saying that is because since ebay started messing about with the feedback system I have stopped leaving feedback for certain sellers, so when you now look at my feedback for others the number of negatives I have left is out of proportion to the number of purchases and looks as if I am a serial negger.

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 2 of 27
See Most Recent

That I agree with and I don't always leave feedbacks for sellers. However this particular buyer has 34 positive feedbacks from sellers in the last 6 months and has left 15 negative feedbacks in the same time span. 

I know not every seller and buyer leaves feedback but it does seem an excessive amount of negative feedbacks to hand out as a percentage of orders.  I would hope eBay does monitor and take action but I suspect they don't.

I have personally always used negative feedback for a seller as a last resort, it has been many years since I have needed to leave a seller negative feedback.

Message 3 of 27
See Most Recent

Hi,

So far I have been very lucky & had no dealing with such buyers, unfortunately very recently I had the misfortune to deal with such a buyer that only leaves negative feedback for sellers, calling them terrible names, so it's a case of abuse as well.

After I read the fdbs. this person left for sellers I was in shock how someone can be so abusive & so "unlucky"! & at the same time carry on buying lots of products from ebay.

For the last 54 feedback received as a buyer this person left 53 negative feedback using the positive feedback, breaking the feedback rules but difficult to spot at first, as it looks "green" & not "red" as they should look as they're all negative.

Apart from lashing out abuse at the sellers, this buyer either does "not received the shipment", or "received empty box" or if received the "shipment is always defective" or similar wording.

Not sure if I'm breaking posting rules, copied without any identifying ID's,  this is just a small sample of the type of feedbacks this buyer leaves for sellers:

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 13.26.40.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 13.27.10.png

& it just goes on & one page after page for the last 12 month.

I'm speechless...

Message 4 of 27
See Most Recent

Sometimes I'm afraid you come across these people, and ebay aren't interested.

It does make you wonder with such a level of dissatisfaction in what they buy, why they keep returning if their experience is so bad.

I think the worst one I had was around 18 months ago, when I got a Neg for the lowest ticket item I sell, hundreds sold in the past and never a problem, that one did hurt.

Message 5 of 27
See Most Recent

you can be sure it's breaking rules.

this is a well thought out ploy by members of this kind because -

Green dose not stand out like red.

but worst of all it hides the star ratings they give, quite possibly they have marked down the sellers DSRs to the lowest possible of '1'.

Message 6 of 27
See Most Recent

eBay don't really monitor buyers who leave their feedback in the way your buyer leaves it.

But if you ring Customer Support, you can get them to take it seriously.

Ring CS, and don't say "I got bad feedback and I don't deserve it", say: "I have noticed one of my buyers appears to be abusing the feedback system, and I wonder if you could look at the feedback they leave for sellers, and, if you think they may be breaching eBay policy, could you report their account for possible abuse of feedback."  Then get the CS rep to READ the feedback the buyer has left for other sellers.

Just looking at the page of green dots won't help.  Explain that it's negative feedback left (mainly) under positive dots, (probably to evade the 7-day delay before you can leave negatives for powersellers).  Read some of the recent feedback aloud to the rep.  That way, they will have to think about it.

Chances are, the rep will take action, by passing the offending feedback for review, or by sending a warning shot across the buyer's bows, or by passing the buyer's account for review.  This may result in a feedback ban for the buyer, or even being NARU'd.  If the rep doesn't see anything worrying about the feedback, ask to speak to their supervisor.

The CS rep can't discuss the buyer's account with you, but in my experience, once you've got the rep's attention, they will take it very seriously.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 7 of 27
See Most Recent

Message 8 of 27
See Most Recent

Thanks, already reported few days back & blocked.

CS promised to take a serious action.

Luckily I wasn't called names or abused unlike other sellers, so don't really care that much if the feedback will be removed or not.

Message 9 of 27
See Most Recent

@best-range wrote:

Hi,

So far I have been very lucky & had no dealing with such buyers, unfortunately very recently I had the misfortune to deal with such a buyer that only leaves negative feedback for sellers, calling them terrible names, so it's a case of abuse as well.

After I read the fdbs. this person left for sellers I was in shock how someone can be so abusive & so "unlucky"! & at the same time carry on buying lots of products from ebay.

For the last 54 feedback received as a buyer this person left 53 negative feedback using the positive feedback, breaking the feedback rules but difficult to spot at first, as it looks "green" & not "red" as they should look as they're all negative.

Apart from lashing out abuse at the sellers, this buyer either does "not received the shipment", or "received empty box" or if received the "shipment is always defective" or similar wording.

Not sure if I'm breaking posting rules, copied without any identifying ID's,  this is just a small sample of the type of feedbacks this buyer leaves for sellers:

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 13.26.40.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 13.27.10.png

& it just goes on & one page after page for the last 12 month.

I'm speechless...

This person is obviously seriously unwell and needs help.  

Message 10 of 27
See Most Recent

If only CS had the same definition of "serious action" as most of the victims do, eBay would be a pleasanter place for sellers.

Message 11 of 27
See Most Recent

Im lost for words - They must be the unluckiest person on Ebay 😂 

Message 12 of 27
See Most Recent

I once saw some feedback that said "Great item, great seller" and it was a neg !

Clearly some people dont under standard positive, neutral and negative feedback terms.

Message 13 of 27
See Most Recent

I've seen a buyer leave whole pages of feedback with religious slogans like "God is great" and "The Lord God is my Bestest Friend".   They didn't actually pay for the items, just chose a seller, bought dozens of items from them and immediately left "feedback" like the above.  

They seemed to regard feedback as free advertising for their religion, with no relation to the item bought.  The colour of the dots didn't matter.  They'd buy a hundred random items from a few sellers, and leave random red, grey and green dots within minutes of the purchase.

Amazingly, CS didn't regard this as abuse of the system, and initially only agreed to remove the red dots, leaving sellers stuck with red dots until the unpaid item cases timed out.

Message 14 of 27
See Most Recent

@bravergrace wrote:

If only CS had the same definition of "serious action" as most of the victims do, eBay would be a pleasanter place for sellers.

You were right, more then a week later, after 2 CS agents promised to take a "serious action" not any visible action was taken.

This buyer continues to buy & continues to leave bad feedback for sellers, as usual the latest 2 purchases where one was "missing" the other was "damaged",  just like all the previous purchases this person made over the last 12 months that were also "missing, not received, did not arrive" or "received empty box", or if received items were always "defective, damaged, broken, rubbish".

The only thing that changed is that the last 2 feedback were missing the usual abuse.

Winning the Most Unlucky eBay's Buyer Award this person continues to make purchases & no action was taken against them.

I find that extremely disappointing but not unexpected.

Message 15 of 27
See Most Recent

Just a quick update for those interested in this case & for future reference.

This particular user is no longer registered on ebay & all their feedback were removed for the last 12 months.

Credit where credit is due, ebay's CS has taken a serious action as promissed, eventually, so job well done!

Message 16 of 27
See Most Recent

There was an american chap years ago who used to leave really funny feedback if he got negs or neutrals, one I remember is someone moaning about the parcel tape on their parcel being hairy, and he responded with 'Hates my Hair!' 

Message 17 of 27
See Most Recent

hi this is generally something that needs to be reported to ebay its usually scammers who are claiming money for items received and playing up on the ufortunate sellers who didnt use trcking info - i came across an *bleep* like this excuse my language but it was a horrendous experience really bad it triggered my bipolar allsorts - he was basically ordering alot of items over time and was sending to his customers i thought coz he was repeat buyer who hadnt made any claims as yet hes fine i totally trusted him was happy to have his business so was sending to him not tracked , then about 3 months later he suddenly opens up 20 cases for all hsi items one by one - i have seriously never in my entire time of trading on ebay seen anything like this ! then i look to see his left feedback and theres not one postive everything is neg saying - no tracking etc etc so he leave s the neg to make himsel flook legit but luckily im not stupid it told me theres a problem here i knew i had sent out my items plus i even contacted a few of these customers direct to ask if they had received and many had but ebay said it meant nothing to them to get their testimonies but he had been leaving about 30 neg - i passed to ebay who did think it was concern they then said they passed it their fraud team and much later he got his account suspened i think but he scammed about 300 pounds from me - but he returned later trying it again from a different ebay omg i knew it was him coz he sends to his customers ( it seems he sells o amazon then buys form ebay to then scam after) he says do not include invoice in order i knew it was him it was all too obvious . again all neg feedbacks left - so please report and contact the other sellers who he left the neg to- ask them if they reported and if notmake sure they do - i mean no one gets that much bad luck to leave that much neg no - its scammers trying to make themselves loo beleivable nothing more nithing less - i mean yes ppl eave the odd neg here and there but not this much and even if its not scamming it still absuing the feedback system - maybe highly strung ppl who are abusive in home relationships etc who knows but they have to be penailsied in some way - remmember if they ordered from you you got their home address u got their home number - you can do what u decide really depending on how much its affected yr rating or sales - ii had a guy today who did this - its affected my whole day and was such a nice sunny day today ive been without a neg for like 3 whole years on ebay my sales just beginning to get better and this jealoius person or scammer whatever the hell he is leaves neg which portrays me in very bad light and now my sales are going slower - so im not sure whether to sue for defamation coz apparentely some ebayers have done it and won or what to do - ebay dont do much they say they do but takes ages in meantime always block them - this guy has also left many neg to ppl claiming he dont get this and that so he clearly a scammer so i have reported and contected a few of the ones he left neg too - its shame we have to do all this ourselves ebay should do all this and there should be an algorithm that picks up if buyer has left more than 2 neg in a row etc and automatically bansthem or suspends but yeah this ass hole ruined my day completely and i keep saying dont think about it dont think about but its all i do and i feel awful in myself coz of this troll - they need to learn a lesson really not sure what these ppl need to have happen to them to learn really sorry to go on but it makes you livid 

Message 18 of 27
See Most Recent

this person is defo a scammer ! 

no one gets that much bad luck with non receipt of items ! hes absuing the feedback system and taking advantage of innocent sellers who might not be able to afford to sent tracke thats all and leaves the neg to make himself look beleivable but all it does is say this ones a scammer - he needs reporting defo i had another guy like this not sure if hes the same guy he is selling on amazon i think then he buys from ebay gets the seller to send direct to his customers then goes to check whos used tracking and those who havent he then progresses with the scam then leaves neg thinking it makes him look legit but report report report is all i can say - ebay pass it onto their fraud investigation team and eventually they remove them - but thing is they come back with another ebay to do the same thing but ebay is also clamping down on that too they can tell whos got other accounts and track ip addresses now so hopefully they get removed in time but scamms like this are on the rise big time luckily most of my buyers now are repeat buyers who wouldnt try this bleep 

but if they dont retract neg you can leave bad comments for them as buyer too just making ebay community aware of them so say things like SELLERS BEWARE - THIS BUYER LEAVES HUGE AMOUNT OF NEG FEEDBACK AND IS MAKING CLAIMS FOR REFUNDS FOR ITEMS RECEIVED - HAS BEEN REPORTED TO EBAY AND POLICE - I mean it does  make buyers aware at least 

Message 19 of 27
See Most Recent

exactly - i mean over a very low price item i mean waaat these are either scammers or just ppl with anger issues or highly strung - i mean i was on motorway and i hate the motorway i have quite old car its toyota 2007 i didnt wanna go too fast so max speed was 60 or 50 plus had car accident a few years ago so drive more slower but had quite a few big lorries come up real close flashing and i had nowhere to go let or right and i couldve had a major accident i was so scared - its prob these kind of stress head ppl who just go aroiund throwing their weight around everywhere they go - very scary ppl though i dont know what i would ever do if i ever came across any of the ebayers that leave neg or how many motorway accidents you hear about that were caused by ppl like this horrible nasty pushy ppl that need to be erased off the face of the earth lol seriously they need to be destroyed !!

Message 20 of 27
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: