Business and personal account

Can I have an ebay business account and an ebay personal account?

I have an ebay business account and tried to open a second, personal, account but ebay automatically made the second account into a business account? About to close this second unneeded account but before I try again to open a personal account, is it possible to have both?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As per the other answer, yes you can. I have two different bank accounts, private and business. I wonder, are you using your business account to open a private account and Ebay are linking them?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Yes it is possible, I have both.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

As papso has said you can have both,  they just need different email addresses and different ID 's,  then you should be good to go.

@orkneyjar 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

As per the other answer, yes you can. I have two different bank accounts, private and business. I wonder, are you using your business account to open a private account and Ebay are linking them?

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

I use the same email address and sam on 2 accounts.  Might be because they were both opened over 20 years ago.  

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

@orkneyjar wrote:

I have an ebay business account and tried to open a second, personal, account but ebay automatically made the second account into a business account? About to close this second unneeded account but before I try again to open a personal account, is it possible to have both?

Might I ask? Is your ebay business account for clothing?

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

@orkneyjar wrote:

The only reason I ask - opening personal account after selling clothing - is I wondered whether ebay had put anything in place to stop people moving over to the dark side now that it has removed all fees from clothing. Like @magpiecorner1  I already have a couple of private accounts where I occasionally buy - with differeing email accounts but linked to the same address and paypal account.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: