Blocking bidders

Sometimes you can see trouble coming around the corner and having the ability to block bidders helps you dodge a bullet 

I have had 5 questions from a buyer this morning and I'll go so far as to say after 20 years experience selling what I do,  don't profess to know everything,  however I do know how to use a tape measure. Sending me pictures and diagrams on how to measure an item does nothing to encourage me to think that should in the unlikely event you decide to purchase without trying to make me sell something at a ridiculous price  you will be trouble with a capital T 

bullet dodged this morning and another added to the blocked list 

Happy Sunday everyone 

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blocking bidders

Think you definitely dodged a future INAD  case there, and added  a welcome addition to your BBL.

Happy and hopefully dry Sunday to you, too !

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Blocking bidders

Think you definitely dodged a future INAD  case there, and added  a welcome addition to your BBL.

Happy and hopefully dry Sunday to you, too !

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

So true! 

I also find that the ones that keep coming back with silly questions (usually which are irrevelant to the item and or listing) that they never bid anyway, even more annoying is that they haven't actually read the description which gives them much of the time the details they have asked.  Its like oh lets see if we can waste some of that sellers time today! It gets to the point on occasion that you think NO I am no going to bother replying to you as you wont bid or you wont win the auction item etc.

"Rant" over I am off for a cup of coffee, and yes have a good weekend!

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

I find the ones that ask for a discount the worst, especially the ones with the 'I'll take it off your hands' mentality. If you refuse a discount and they buy it anyway, they typically find a way to get a discount after the fact by claiming there's something wrong with it.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

Agreed, i look at their FB left for others and you can guarantee to see negs.  I had one last week, 3 Qs in and wanting really specific info and I even opened the box to send her images of exactly what was included and then proceeded to for more info (when it was clearly on the image) then asked for a discount.

so looked at their account to see they were a private seller with over 150 listings (clearly a business) and left negs for other purchases so they got blocked.  They clearly know and probably abuse the system and I took Uxbridge that she was a seller

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

*umbrage. flipping auto  correction 🙄 

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

When I read that I thought for a moment that you had ousted Boris Johnson in a surprise by-election 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

I receive messages of this kind a lot which help fill up my blocked list..... most recent one apparently I'm supposed to pay for random people's gifts 🙄

"Please i dont have much money and i need to do somthing nice for my mother as i wont see her on mothers day"

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Blocking bidders

yes people like to ask silly questions. I had one who was trying to get me to reduce a joblot of older stock I was selling at a cheap price, each reply I said no and she kept coming back with another silly offer. Whilst all this was going on someone came in and bought the item at full price lets just say she was not happy that I sold it here reply was ~"I wanted to buy that and you sold it to someone else" you got to laugh don't you 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: