2024.......A year of change for most of us is coming........So what are your plans.

As per title, plans for the next twelve months.

Me, i'm boarding a rocket ship to Happy Land.

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

2024.......A year of change for most of us is coming........So what are your plans.

Me i'm  goingn to:

1. Learn a new language

2. Learn how to knit

3.  Do Dry January

4. Go into supermarkets and buy ONLY what I went into to buy initially.

5.   Oh wait a minute,   those were this years plans ... all failed.

I suppose ,  if at first you don't succeed,  try,  try Again.

Message 2 of 37
See Most Recent

Nearly 2 years ago i went Keto, got back into the weights, and bought a home York home gym, allowed music to be a bigger part of my life as it seems to solve most problems and started doing the cold showers early morning routine.

Message 3 of 37
See Most Recent

I'm undecided if I will continue to milk it at this level, or take it to the next level & fund my missus's early retirement.

I think I will make the decision when I wave her off to work tomorrow, Monday morning.

Message 4 of 37
See Most Recent

Now that IS  most impressive !

Message 5 of 37
See Most Recent

The happy land rocket was one of my favourite toys - a real nostalgia moment.  It had flashing lights when you picked up the handle and as soon as you lifted it, it made very satifying rocket noises.  Happy Land Rocket.png

I'm going to get back into travel, see more of my wider family, leave the house more often, get my eldest child to at least sit in the driving seat again so at some distant point in the future I'm not doing 6am starts defrosting their car to get them to their remote office.

I'm going to outsource various chunks of work - I'm just starting to.  Biggest change is to employ someone (my middle son) for an 18 month apprenticeship from the summer to do some of the grunt work (2 days a week) and help me get a social media plan in place (1 day a week) whilst they in parallel set up their own social media marketing business with a bit of support from me.  Hopefully before the 18 months is up I'll be ready to employ someone else on a permanent basis and move out of some of the day to day packing type tasks to really grow the business.

Message 6 of 37
See Most Recent

Travel and whatever we want to and when we want to .......as my husbands giving up work early next year 🙂

I doubt we will be at home much.

Message 7 of 37
See Most Recent

@exponential_developments  'allow music to be a bigger part of my life'

Amen to that, Highly recommend checking out local music venues, started last year and already have many lined up for 24, many benefits, including supporting up and coming bands but its not 3 figure ticket prices and the drinks are not festival/arena prices, (its sooo much cheaper hobby) I honestly cant say how much it puts a smile on my face, unlike the cold showers !

@ojewellery 'leave the house more often'

That certainly resonates, I use the flix as an escape, phones off 2 hours, brain off it certainly helps

My list

Spend less time working on this platform

More gifting to tin rattlers

Continue to not drink at home, started November going OK.

Investigate stoicism

Try to be less of a GOB

Message 8 of 37
See Most Recent

"stoicism"

Why this in particular.........i find a simple set of routines first thing do make a difference, and proven to be positive.

Message 9 of 37
See Most Recent

I know little of it, 

Wasnt in my education, something I've always meant to look into a little more. 

Message 10 of 37
See Most Recent

Which language?

Message 11 of 37
See Most Recent

Mmmmm,  Japanese,  Chinese,  Russian  you know the easy ones to start with.

@ojewellery 

Message 12 of 37
See Most Recent

Chinese has so many dialects.  Russian is fascinating.  But the communication style (body language/ eye contact/ smiling) is so much more than words.   Japanese, at least you could watch a few netflix and get your ear in. 

I've often fancied doing classics.  I was going to in parallel to A levels but the professor who I'd signed up with died.

Message 13 of 37
See Most Recent

I still remember just enough French to scrape by but in hindsight being multilingual is a skill I wish I had

Good luck, 

Message 14 of 37
See Most Recent

Well climbing at least one of the big 3 at least. Scafell Pike likely. Was hoping to do it this year but some knee trouble scuppered plans. I did manage Helvellyn and Kinder Scout. Hopefully get 5 or 6 peaks in this year. Got in to hiking a couple of years back so hopefully 2 a week over the summer. 

Message 15 of 37
See Most Recent

Same with Japanese, started in Dec 2019 I was so ill in bed I started Duolingo app but once it got to Kanji I was lost. Watched George Trombley on YT (he is excellent) but I kinda got too busy then picked up Italian but think Ill get back to those.  Started my Family tree last Dec hols so may pick that back up... Im sure Im ADHD, i start alot of things but soon get bored.  Went to lots of gigs, stand up and theatre after lockdown so kinda exhausted those at present so not sure what 2024 will bring and no plans

Message 16 of 37
See Most Recent

Looking forward to Scafell Pike in July and what ever else we can manage in a week. 

Message 17 of 37
See Most Recent

Taking February off!

Getting a writing course for my Birthday, and a Bread making course for Christmas, I'll either be the next Lee Childs (its his course) or the next Paul(a) Hollywood!

And hopefully more French and Italian language courses, I've been doing French classes periodically for years  - so it might be Roux or Contaldo!!

Message 18 of 37
See Most Recent

I suspect Russian isn't that difficult.

When I was in senior school, we had French (which we had all done from about 😎 and either German or Russian, depending which class you were in.  My class had German, but the Russian classes all did well, up to '0' level.  Which shows my age!  German were probably a tad easier but I think we all preferred French because had been taught it for so long. 

Message 19 of 37
See Most Recent

I highly reccomend doing scafell pike like I did.

Heavy drinking till 2ish in the morning, then start climbing at 6 ignoring the normal route the weaklings take, soberish by the time you hit the top, somethings I really do miss about the army 😂

Other plans for the upcoming year, well just crack on as per the norm and enjoy being my own boss still

Message 20 of 37
See Most Recent