2024.......A year of change for most of us is coming........So what are your plans.

As per title, plans for the next twelve months.

Me, i'm boarding a rocket ship to Happy Land.

Message 1 of 37
See Most Recent
36 REPLIES 36

2024.......A year of change for most of us is coming........So what are your plans.

Aye done it a few times, ended up in the Pub after, food drowned in beer.......what could possibly go wrong.

Message 21 of 37
See Most Recent

My plan is to get the f******k out of here !

ASAP !

Message 22 of 37
See Most Recent

I did Helvelynn the hard way if it helps? I remember thinking I'm not doing this madness again as I looked at the 200ft drop either side of me, and I tend to go solo. I'm happy to do 'the easy route', as I am a weakling! In honesty is any 4-6 hour walk really classed as easy? When I started a few years back I would be exhausted after an hour! It took me at least 6 months to get that anywhere near respectable even on the flat, then last year knee pain and other changes meant I had to start back at the beginning again building up stamina etc. Now I can bang out 20km in the peaks with very few breaks on a Friday and do the same again on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to next years walking as it will really be the first year where I have the stamina, the gear, the health and the job to let me do it. (probably the first time in my life in honesty) I've set myself a challenge of the 3 UK peaks by the time i'm 50, but honestly there are so many other peaks that interest me a lot more and will likely be a lot quieter. Anyways, yeah. More hiking for me. That's next year hopefully. 

Message 23 of 37
See Most Recent

The worst route to Helvellyn I've ever tried was via Dollywaggon Pike from the Thirlmere side. Once at the top of Dollywaggon it all opens up nicely. But from the car park to the top of the pike is very steep without much of a break. I've always remembered the pain in my calves and it's not a route I've repeated. Stridding Edge every time.

Message 24 of 37
See Most Recent

We are now well into February 2024, how are people finding things so far this year ?

Message 25 of 37
See Most Recent

Getting worse - only made £16.63 so far this week. Last weekend I received no sales on Saturday and Sunday.

Message 26 of 37
See Most Recent

I only list say 8 items and get a couple of sales.    Not too bad i guess.   Frustrating that the other quality items listed cheap  are not selling somewhat though.

For me it seems a lot of effort listing etc to take £20 to £30.

Message 27 of 37
See Most Recent

Well, considering its winter it's quiet, and it should be busier....not good.

Message 28 of 37
See Most Recent

Maybe it will pick up the end of this month.  January people are getting their credit card bills in after their Christmas spend.

Roll on the end of next month when we are goling on holiday for a month 🙂

Message 29 of 37
See Most Recent

January was sales 7% up on December which was surprising but put that down to hard work monitoring competitors,  my plan was not to for January as I had done so November and early December and its so time consuming but had 2 'No Sales' days around the 9th which I think was tinkering related.

Dropped off the last couple of days

Will be interesting to see the introduction of the 'increased visability'  for PL advance 22nd of this month,  addional placings is the terminolgy, wondering how this will effect non PLA users (I am one) 

Restarted the no alcohol at home , going good, feeling better for it, bought my book on Stoicism, thats as far as thats got, musics got in the way.  

Message 30 of 37
See Most Recent

You said OH was retiring, where you off to?

Jealous, here, I live in a rainy part of the UK, and its been bucketing down all blumin year, always find myself perusing the holiday pages this time of the year and keeping the plastic in another room, 

Message 31 of 37
See Most Recent

I will PM you as i do not want to go off topic

Message 32 of 37
See Most Recent

This thread doesn't have a specific topic, just random things people plan to do this year.

Message 33 of 37
See Most Recent

There must be some vid's on YT about Stoicism.

I'm still doing the morning routine, the cold water is colder in winter, but not much, i think it's because it comes through rock and is cold all year round.

Message 34 of 37
See Most Recent

3 weeks at a friends sea front hotel in Great Yarmouth and then a week in a hotel in Weymouth 🙂

Message 35 of 37
See Most Recent

I am asking as a carb lover, how do you get on with Keto? Still doing it? 

Week 3 of 800 cals a day  and its tough, not the being hungry bit, I can deal with that, its the carbs are  in everything bit, and if its a carb is 100's of cals. 

Have found Konjac though, which is a blessing, any tips

Message 36 of 37
See Most Recent

Keto isn't for everyone, it's been around since the 1920's, was for epilepsy in children, basically your cells run on carbs now, but on keto they run on ketones, they don't have a choice. Bit like comparing petrol cars to diesel. If you look at sugar imports into the UK and Europe on a chart from the 1820's, it's shocking how much we now consume.........coz it's cheap.

I found for me, once i got into a state of ketosis, about 72 hours, i adapted very well, never missed sugar and carbs in general. Sugar is addictive, very, i don't miss anything that i uses to eat before, and never feel hungry.

This is dead honest and probably seems weird, if i'm in a super market, i can walk down isles and i don't even see the carb foods as food, just doesn't register. My body seems settled, sort of at peace, no carb rushes and then my body trying to compensate.

I used to drink Lager or Guinness, but switched to Rum and Soda, or Brandy and water, don't miss beer at all.

Like i said, it's not for everyone, i can't comment on others lives and health, but for me, i won't go back to the past.

Message 37 of 37
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: