Problem traders

Has anybody had issues getting your money back with a motor trader in the leeds area? If so plaese respond to this post.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

Problem traders

Maybe or maybe not,   but there's no point in coming here to complain.  For one,   naming any seller is not allowed ,  and secondly  it would do not good,  no action can be taken here for any bad sales,  as we are mere members like everyone else, no power or rulings to give out sanctions.

With purchasing vehicles,  you must always first go inspect and fully test out the vehicle,  the paperwork, that everything is 100% OK ,  before parting with hard earned money.

Have you had a bad experience?  What happened ?

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

I paid for a car, they didnt deliver the car and are now refusing to refund my money, I understand this forum will not help me, however, I know that this particular trader is a fraudster and I am gathering evidence in order to bring criminal charges. If I can make contact with the other people he has defrauded/stolen from it helps my case. This is just one of many different paths i am following in order to put an end to this criminal behaviour despite ebays lack of any assistance after having reported him. (so far anyway)

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Sorry,   I cannot ,  or know the exact happenings here,   but if you examined,  tested,  checked the car before paying for it,  there is no protection now if the car is not as described.

The rules for vehicles ere different from buying   foor example,  some household appliance on eBay.

After purchase,  you do need to go and fully inspect the car ONLY if you are then happy,   do you you pay.

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Your missing the point, they didn't deliver the car after payment was made and kept the money.

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Have you gone back to your payment provider eg your bank or paypal? Can they assist you, as they would have proof of the transaction eg the payment from your account.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Have you made a report to Trading Standards and consulted a Solicitor ??.

Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Have contacted bank, fraud squad and trading standards, waiting for reply from bank. Apparently their investigation takes 15 days. Primarily I want my money back but I also want to prevent him from doing this to others as I believe this is a regular occurrence based on my own investigation. my purpose on this forum was to try and find others he has done this to as it helps with the fraud squad investigation and makes a criminal offence rather than a civil one.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Why not leave feedback?

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Sounds like you fell for a common scam where the "seller" claims they will deliver a car

The motor trader you think has scammed you has probably been used as a cover

Most likely you paid someone in Nigeria for the car that wasn't even theirs to sell

Sadly, lots of people fall for car scams online

Try your payment provider to see if you can do a chargeback, but sadly I think your money has gone, and the car wasn't even the sellers to sell - they just use a photo they find online and sell the car at a stupidly low price to attract scam vicitims. Your scammer is likely abroad and long gone. 

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

This link gives you info on the various car scams that are prevalant on eBay at the moment so you won't fall for this trick again 

https://smallbiztrends.com/2024/01/ebay-motors-scams.html 

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

Problem traders

Hi,

Thank you

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: