International bidding.

I want to bid on https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225961126493 but the seller did not tick the right box when entering the post.

I been in contact with seller and he want to sell to Sweden so he tried to change the post so he can accept international bidding but it was refused by ebay.

It is a rather rare item and I am willing to make a very high bid if ebay will let me. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

International bidding.

Those are eBay's rules.  Once bids are placed nothing can be altered.  I know just adding an international postage charge sounds harmless,  but it does come under the umbrella of adding information which might be missed by existing bidders.

So, even though this doesn't affect current bidders,   it's still an addition / change , and cannot be done to an auction with bids.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

International bidding.

That item already has bids,  so the seller cannot now add an international postage option to it.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

International bidding.

Why?
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

International bidding.

Those are eBay's rules.  Once bids are placed nothing can be altered.  I know just adding an international postage charge sounds harmless,  but it does come under the umbrella of adding information which might be missed by existing bidders.

So, even though this doesn't affect current bidders,   it's still an addition / change , and cannot be done to an auction with bids.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: