Ford Ranger scam

On 12/2/2024 I left a deposit for a Ford Ranger being sold in Kings Lynn.This vehicle advert is a scam.I received a receipt from the seller stating that the deposit was fully refundable but as yet despite several messages requesting a refund it has not appeared.Dont make the same mistake as I did and avoid this vehicle.I could put the sellers details on this message but dont know how ebay would feel.

Also contacted Ebay twice to advise them of this advert and had no response from them.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Ford Ranger scam

You are correct not to leave this seller's details here,  as no matter how well meaning the warning,  it is against board rules to name and shame a member.

Never leave a deposit,  you are not covered for this return of money, and need to take a legal route now,  to get this back.

Buying a vehicle,  you buy  from the listing,  you  do not pay Anything at that stage.

Go and fully inspect the vehicle and paperwork ,  only then  if all is OK,  do you part with your hard earned cash or a bank transfer.

There is no vehicle protection on eBay for buyers.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Ford Ranger scam

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

buying from a classified ad is the same as buying from a newspaper or shop window ad.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Ford Ranger scam

You left a deposit ?.

Victor Meldrew springs to mind.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Ford Ranger scam

Why do eBay allow private ads?Thought the whole idea was to provide a safe buying forum !
Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Ford Ranger scam

Because a classified ad is another way of selling and in any event there's no protection for vehicles and no protection for deposits.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got motors related questions? Start here: