Need to know what version of Android is needed for the new app

Hiya,

As you know the ebay app has stopped working on a lot of older phones meaning people need to upgrade.

I presently can't sell on ebay as a result.

I  am also presently being offered £5 to use the app by scanning an image.

I'm going to miss out on this £5 too.

Please let me know what version of Android I need for the new version of the app so I can buy a phone that does work with it.

Thankyou.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Hi freya128, thanks for your post.

At the moment, 5.36.0, 5.37.0, and 5.38.0 are the only eBay apps that support Android 5.1 (API 22). You might not be able to upgrade to a later eBay app version on these devices. On the other hand, 6.9.6 is the only eBay app that supports Android 6.0 (API 23). 

Alternatively, you can use the browser of your smartphone to use eBay in case you are unable to download the latest version of the app.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

That doesn't answer my question at all.

I don't need to know what versions of the app used to run on my phone as they no longer work or are available from the app store.

Upgrading to Android 6 won't help me as the people with Android 6 phones are having the same problem that the app is telling them they have to upgrade but their device is no longer supported.

What I am asking is what is the minimum version of Android needed to run the ebay app at present?

That way I might look on ebay for a used phone with a version of Android that I know will work with the ebay app.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Apps related questions? Start here: