Ebay software update

I have been using eBay for 20+years, but just the other day when I went into it a message came up saying the software version is no longer supported please update. I clicked on the "update" and this went through Google app store and then gave option to open.or u install.  If I click open , it goes to an eBay home page then brings up the same message that the software version not supported etc. My phone is a galaxy s5 neo, Android 6.0 and it should all work ok. What is happening and how can i fully acces my account. I can get to my selling page but if I try to access any of my items, i get the same message coming up. Help!

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay software update

Hi gazmoore, thanks for your post.

Others are reporting this issue, and I am currently investigating this. If you confirm your device model, the software version you have on your device, and the eBay app version you have, and the screenshot of the error you are getting, I can add report this for you too.

Please make sure to confirm all the information requested, otherwise I won't be able to report this.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Ebay software update

What we need to know is the version of Android that the ebay app runs on now.

I was thinking of upgrading to 6 as I was only on 5.1 but it would appear it no longer runs on 6 either according to the post above.

What version of Android does it run on?

It doesn't even tell you on the google play store for the new app.

If we don't know what version of Android we need then how are we supposed to upgrade our phones?

Like I say I was going to try and find an Android 6 phone but now I know that also wouldn't work.

It should be noted that most of the second hand phones on ebay seem to be around Android kit kat level or maybe a little later.

Please let us know what level of Android is needed.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got Apps related questions? Start here: