Seeking Advice from the eBay Community: Shipping Parcels to Ireland Customs Fees

I'm reaching out to seek advice and insights from our knowledgeable eBay community regarding a recent challenge we've encountered when shipping parcels from the UK and other countries to Ireland.

In some instances, when our parcels reach Ireland, the local authorities have requested customs fees from the recipients. Unfortunately, some buyers have refused to pay these customs fees, leading to complications in the delivery process.

We are looking for guidance on how to best handle this situation and minimize such issues in the future. If you have any experience or recommendations on:

1. Efficient shipping methods from the UK and other countries to Ireland.
  2. Clear communication with buyers regarding potential customs fees.
  3. Strategies to address customs-related concerns with buyers.

Your expertise and insights would be immensely valuable to us and could help enhance our shipping processes, ensuring a smoother experience for both sellers and buyers.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Seeking Advice from the eBay Community: Shipping Parcels to Ireland Customs Fees

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

putting it simply - if a buyer refuses to pay  customs fees/import duty they void eBay money back guarantee.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Yes you are right but my account is registered in Ireland and i ship my orders from pakistan and UK. How i can resolve that issue any advice.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Your advert gives an UK location, you need to make it clearer in your adverts where the item is coming from e.g. Pakistan, etc & they will need to pay the Customs Import Duty into Ireland.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Adding to the advice already given -

This account is registered in UK =

• Registered as a business seller
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

You problem may not be caused by being registered on .co.uk if you are actually in Ireland,  but that won't be helping matters.  Neither will drop shipping from somewhere other than where you are registered.  

You need to register a new account with all the right details.

You are actually an EU based business, we are not really equipped to advise on your issues and processes.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got eBay.ie related questions? Start here: